Ryans Reef

Nice additions Ryan!

Er,the anthias are evansi Ryan,not Carberryi.Pretty difficult anthias IME.Took forever to get them to eat and would only eat the smallest food like cyclopeeze.They withered away after six months,maybe they had worms.

I think you are right about the evansi Reef, they were sold as Carberryi but oh well. They were eating at the LFS and they wailled some mysis after being added. Voracious eaters actually. My kole doesnt like them very well though. They seemed to think they were going to take his cave after lights out, didnt happen.

Well I though he was going to literally run them out of the tank but he settled down. He is officially the boss of the tank so far though. He is the first to investigate/harrass any new additions in "his" tank.

Hard to tell on the anthias. The Carberryi and Evansi and very similar, but if the colors are right in the pic, I'll go with Carberryi.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+20

Both are very difficult and all anthias should be treated for internal worms with PraziPro. They will eat like pigs, but the worms get all the nutrition and the fish waste away. Since they are in your display, I assume you didn't qt or treat them. Good luck with them anyway. Nice looking fish for sure.

Good luck with the new adds. I would like to see a fts too please. I wouldn't worry about a reactor yet. All I have are sps and I just use randy's 2 part. I don't think I ever want a reactor. It seems like the screw up way to often. It is easier to just dump in a little 2part a few times a day.

Both are very difficult and all anthias should be treated for internal worms with PraziPro. They will eat like pigs, but the worms get all the nutrition and the fish waste away. Since they are in your display, I assume you didn't qt or treat them. Good luck with them anyway. Nice looking fish for sure.

Capt, the snide comments can be kept to yourself, this is a trend with you that I have noticed quite a bit lately. Instead of making comments about how wrong everything that I and everyone else on this site are doing things. Why dont you gather your information and write an ARTICLE and educate us on your methods?

OBTW The anthias came out of my LFS fish sales tank, which is treated with copper and prazi-pro. SOME LFS' care about the animals they sell and the customers that buy them.

I'm going to consider them Evansi too, as they have the crisp defined color line between the pink and yellow instead of the slow change like the carberryi

PlayNice.jpg

Capt, the snide comments can be kept to yourself, this is a trend with you that I have noticed quite a bit lately. Instead of making comments about how wrong everything that I and everyone else on this site are doing things. Why dont you gather your information and write an ARTICLE and educate us on your methods?
Wow...really?
I will, from now on, refrain from commenting in any of your threads. :wave:

You dont need to do that Capt, maybe what I read just came across wrong, I might have been a little defensive.

I didn't read anything CCapt said as snide, but I could see how the written word can be taken differently.

Bring on the FTS!!!!!

The multiple kinds of algaes bother me I can count at least 5 different types, and now I some BLACK algae showing up too. Oh yeah and I still have that sand-sifting starfish, which I have grown to hate as he has decimated all of the microfauna in the tank.

Don't sweat the algae Ryan.Think of it as a ''in tank refugium''.I can't get rid of my bryopsis to save my life.Yote how well does that Marine SAT work again?Pictures look great and the aquascaping is one of the best I've seen.

Try not to get so defensive Ryan,I think Capt was trying to help.

Back