Ryans Reef

My tang and wrasse tend to follow each other around like that.I think that when the tangs eatting the algae,the wrasse gets the pods that try to run.

Lastest update is summed up in one word:

CYANO_BACTERIA!

That crap sucks! Having a pretty major hair algae breakout too, not on an Alexander or RCPilot level....yet. If the current pattern keeps up it surely will be soon. Thats it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

My hair algae must be on another level of both Alex and RC. Is every piece of rock completely carpeted in 1+ inch HA? I have HA on my sand and growing on the stalks of my corals! It's on my skimmer box too!

Merry Christmas Ryan! gluck with the cyano

Welcome to the PITA stage of reefkeeping Bro:D
Manually remove as much of the HA and cyano as you can.Since both can produce their own nutrients.It'll also help to leave the lights off for 3 or 4 days,which tends to kill all the visable cyano.The hair,you pretty much have to get rid of by hand.

i was just over at my sister-in-laws new house and in there bathroom guess what the boomarang counter top it is the exact same one that you had

HAVE...lol its not real high on my list of things to accomplish at the moment. I have one nearly roadworthy motorcycles to finish, one that need a complete motor overhauling and a Hot Rod that needs rewired! Wintertime is for garage work not remodeling.

So here are the newest additions to the Reef de Casa

Bali Cultured Bushy Acropora(Softball sized colony)
100_1594.jpg

100_1596.jpg

100_1597.jpg

Last pic was for size reference

Squamosa Clam(Pic sucks I know but its hard to take pics at the bottom of a tank with 1/2" glass)
100_1601.jpg

100_1598.jpg

Carberryi Anthia Trio-Already eating and teamed up
100_1592.jpg

Awesome adds! I too love the fishies and that acro.
And I need to get another clam now that my clam eating star is gone.

sweet looking anthia colors! We are gonna need a FTS shot soon since you have gotten more corals and they are spread out.

Nice additions Ryan!

Er,the anthias are evansi Ryan,not Carberryi.Pretty difficult anthias IME.Took forever to get them to eat and would only eat the smallest food like cyclopeeze.They withered away after six months,maybe they had worms.

Back