Ryans Reef

If it's a fire shrimp, mine barely came out from under the rocks unless it was food tiime. If it was a skunk cleaner then mine was always active and rarely hidden.

Nice adds! I know alexanders cleaner is always out and about and hanging around. But we have gotten two that were much smaller and stayed mostly hidden until they disappeared completely

Im not really sure, there is 235lbs in there now but I have thought about adding 20-30 pounds of tonga branch to it. Dont know? Do I need it?

Wow thats some dense rock...well i dont think you necessarily "need" more but for aquascaping if it were me, i would get a lil more...I think the 30lb;s you have planned will be fine. Its just MO, nothing you need to worry about.

Well Ive got a layer buried in the sand under the stack too. I think that is where the misleading part is. Probably 30-40lbs buried in the sand. If I did add any I would put tonga branch terraces(for lack of a better way to describe them) on the left side of the tank. Just a way to build height without adding a solid wall.

You'll end up adding more rock as you add new corals.So I'd just go with the flow,and add when needed to a coral placed just right.

I really like the aquascaping Ryan.Bryopsis must be the in thing,it only grows on my overflow slots.Clean it off and a month later,it is back.

I have to feed the cleaner and fire shrimp before I feed the corals.They go nuts for the sliverside eyeballs and afterwards the snails and crabs finish the rest.Just enough time to feed the corals.

Thanks reef, I guess I need to update my food selection. I only feed marine cuisine and Hykari Mysis w/selcon added and algae sheets.

Well I have a new favorite fish! I picked up a Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse tonight! I was given "permission" by Janell to get it after spending 5 HOURS christmas shopping at the largest mall in our area by far! Oh by the way she only got ONE SMALL BAG of crap! WOMEN! It was a very very hard choice between him and a male Red Hooded Flasher Wrasse.

Anyways I have a question about him(I think its a him, its appears to be getting the yellow plate on the side associated with a male) As soon as I put him in the acclimating vessel(acrylic pitcher) he lept out before I could get the plate over the top. He has a little bit of fin rash due to his carpet surfing event. Think he'll be alright? No labored breathing or anything just a couple of spots. Could that ammount of stress enabled ich to get a foothold tha quickly(like 3 hours?)

Ill get a pic as soon as he quits being shy.

+1 yote, the fish should be fine, they have been through more stress then what it just did and they made it out of that fine so i dont think this will harm them

Back