Ryans Reef

Its horrible! I had to go to the LFS for Secret Santa shopping and its like being a drug addict I swear. I dont intend on buying anything for the tank and then I get there! Oh sure Ill take that SPS and that shrimp, cause I need them!

Ora Hawkins
100_1507.jpg

Idaho Grape Monti
100_1513.jpg

Rose Millepora
100_1502.jpg

Green Hydnopora
100_1500.jpg

Larry Jackson Tri-Colored Acro
100_1495.jpg

These ones came out of Scotts Frag tank and were pretty browned out but are coming around finally

Oregon Tort
100_1505.jpg

Teal Acropora Tenius
100_1504.jpg

Ill post a pic of the Doctor Mac's tri colored acro IF I find in when I restack.

Last edited:
Its horrible! I had to go to the LFS for Secret Santa shopping and its like being a drug addict I swear. I dont intend on buying anything for the tank and then I get there! Oh sure Ill take that SPS and that shrimp, cause I need them!

thats what sucks about this hobby, you walk in there only intending to look and you walk out with a lighter wallet and bags in your hands, thats why i take people with me who dont care about the hobby. that way they can drag me out of the fish store without me buying anything

I didnt have any problems with my mothers camera when I took it to the LFS back in march or so. But I accept full responsibily for the dumpy pics.

I finally got all of my test kits (Alk, Cal, Mag), these are the results.

SG 1.026
Ph 8.4
NO3 .1
Cal 380
Alk 9.0 DKh
Mag 1300

Im new enough at this to where Im not really sure if these are good or bad. I think that the Calcum and Alkalinity are both low but Im not really sure what I should be looking for.

Those pics aint no worse than some of mine.I could tell enough that those corals look healthy.
Your alkinity in good.Wouldnt hurt if your calcium came up some.But 380 aint that bad.You dont want it to go below 350.
Magneisum ir alright too.

Looking between the blurs the corals look good. I have to admit I went to a store today and walked out with just a cleaner shrimp. The corals were way to expensive for my wallet.

Just a note I have two of the corals mislabled. The one that I have as the Larry Jackson should be the Oregon Tort and vise versa.

calcium can come up a bit, anything under 500 and above 400 is a good number to shoot for, and mag should be three times your calcium level

Well the restack is completed we like it pretty well, it give quite a bit more area for attaching corals and growing them out too. The only casualty was the nice Idaho Grape cap...NOW I HAVE TWO!

Left side
100_1515.jpg

Center Section
100_1516.jpg

Right Side
100_1517.jpg

New Full Tank Shot
100_1519.jpg

My Cleaner Shrimp is an ASSHOLE! The damned thing never comes out from underneath its rock for anything then I go to give my Duncans their weekly spot feeding and he flys out from under the rock and starts stealing their food! A quick power shot from the Kent bulb feeder and he went away...for a minute. What a jerk!

Back