Ryans Reef

Dang that sounds like a lot. Wish I knew what they all were. Haha I feel like an idiot. Make sure to post some pics with labels for me! Haha

oh yeah ryan, forgot about this. went cosmic bowling the other night and saw that you sent your frag of the counter top to them....pissed, you promised us!

boomerang.jpg

ROFL! thats classic Flo. That counter top reminds me of the cartoon Rocco's Modern Life. He used to wear a shirt with that boomerang pattern.

The counter top is still at my place. Someone else must have that Limited Edition beauty! That is a nice color morph indeed, gotta have it!

Flo dont feel like an idiot! Go to any coral page and look for Acropora Sp. for most of them and thats what they are, the Hydno is neon green and instead of round sticks they are paddle shaped sticks, the Idaho Grape is a plating coral. (Just a little secret if Scott wouldnt have told me what they were I wouldnt have a clue either and neither would MOST people)

Thanks for the tip. Its tough to learn everything! Haha I feel ages behind most people. Especially when you start talking lights and equipment and what not. Looks like a bunch of numbers and letters mashed together that is supposed to mean something to me.

Thanks for the tip. Its tough to learn everything! Haha I feel ages behind most people. Especially when you start talking lights and equipment and what not. Looks like a bunch of numbers and letters mashed together that is supposed to mean something to me.

im half with you there on the equipment flo

So get this, the hydnophora fell of the rock, I dont want it kicking around in the tank for obvious reasons and not so obvious, ive been told that Hydno's have one of the most powerful SPS stings out there as far as other corals go. So I whip out the super glue gel and put a nice fat blob of it on the base of the coral let it set for a few seconds while reaching under the canopy with my left hand. Pass the coral to the left hand and blammo! I freaking super glued my inside elbow joint together! Holy hell that crap hurts... a LOT!

Ok pointless story is over.

Im starting to get some red algae growing in the tank. No its not cyano, at least not yet. Has anyone ever heard of Red Bryopsis? Thats what it looks like to me.

Well not quite that bad Alto, my incident was only a drop hers was a bottle but that is exactly what I first thought too...

I thought I was the only one. Everytime I frag I want to make sure I have enogh glue, on my hands. Ryan I have heard that if you use alittle Harvey's plumbers epoxy and superglue mix it works great for frags. I think I will give it a try and let you know.

Back