Ryans Reef

Sweet addition Ryan, I am glad you got a fish that we don't see much on this site. It will make for better POTM entries.

Got a name yet?

name unknown. Hasnt presented a personality so far.

Question? Is it normal for tangs to ear mysis? This guy woofs it down like its never been fed before. It was the Marine Cuisine variety not straight up mysis though.

Cool additions Ryan!

I believe the pink birdnest is considered a harder to keep SPS,especially mantaining the color.Some of the other colors are suppose to be easier.

beautiful fish. i have always liked that one. nice adds. is the fish hiding a lot or is he out? thats the only thing that frustrates me is they are so gorgeous but seem to hide. i could be wrong though haha

Nice pick ups.
Looks like a bit of algae of 2 of the tips of the birdsnest. You should try to snip those tips off to stop the algae....if it is growing on it.

I was going to ask about that Capt, thanks for the advice.

Flo he does spend a lot of time in and out of the rocks but hes getting alittle more brave, hes eating well though

The LFS in Rochester where Im working was having a coral sale so I picked up some new stuff on wednesday. I bought the Ricordea rock and Pocilliapora and got the zoas for free.

Pink/Green tips Pocilliapora
100_1442.jpg

Freebie Green Zoas with purple mouth and brown skirt
100_1440.jpg

Pictures still suck!

Last edited:
Yeah I must have bumped the camera with my finger just as I was taking the shot. Sorry Ill erase it and see if I can get a better one.

Back