Ryans Reef

I'm thinking like Justin.
Dont count him out just yet.You've got a pretty big tank with a lot of rock in it.And emeralds are slow movers when their feeding.So its not all that unusall for them to go missing for a few weeks.

I hadn't seen my emeralds in a year. And then all of a sudden -- they were back in the tank! They can stay hidden for a while after molting.

It odd though because both of them were fairly social. They are almost always viewable and the small one still is. Big boy is just a disintegrating shell.

i just dropped 3 emeralds in my tank last week and havent seen but one. and the one i saw was just a claw out of a rock it was hiding in. no gradification there.

Grabbed a birdsnest frag about 3" or so and a Kole Tang tonight. It was my reward for dealing with way too long at the mall Christmas shopping. Will get some pics up tomorrow when the lights are back on.

Yeah one that moves more than a couple of inches in a day too! Saw a sweet little Potters Angel that I wanted a lot but didnt want to risk my LPS.

I never see my emeralds. Yesterday when moving rocks I saw a little ceab I haven't even seen before. I would have speared the little bastard but he was gone.

Heres the new additions.

100_1415.jpg

100_1423.jpg

Had them ever since I got the lawnmower blennie. There is tons of algae for him to eat growing naturally too.

Yote I thought that birdsnest were a great beginner SPS? Im hoping that itll last a little longer than a week. If not into the sump with it I guess.

Birdsnest was one of the first SPS I ever tried, and mine grew so fast. It seems to be like xenia -- half of people can keep them no problem, the other half just can't.

I have had one for a year and finally got the color back. It browned out right after I put it in the tank. Nice looking fish and your color looks great on the birdy.

Back