Ryans Reef

Grabbed some more cleanup stuff tonight and a small six-headed Duncan frag. Also picked up a strip of Current-USA Power Brite LED actinic to try after seeing how they looked in the LFS Display....Im hooked. Going to be making the switch from PC's to the LEDs they are amazing! Each one covers approximately20" of tank they have 4x1watt(50-60 lumens...I know that means nothing as far as PAR goes) 460nm LED bulbs and the color they but out is AMAZING! Check them out if you can find them on anyones tank. Itll take me a couple of weeks to fully make the switch(arent too expensive but arent cheap either...theyll pay for themselves in the long run) Ill try and post up some pics of the color difference they make in the tank tomorrow. They are unreal!

No they will just replace the actinic lighting, Ill be using way less electricity and wont have to replace bulbs. Itll cost about 200-250 bucks to make the switch and Ill be able to reuse the Icecap 660 on the 90 gallon when I get it ready to go. The differece in how the corals flouresce is like night and day. You'll see when I post some pics. Money well spent IMO...and Janell requested them so with all of the cash Ive dropped so far in the hobby keeping her happy is high on the priority list.

So LED but just actenic. Are they fabricated in some type of fixture. Do you have a link to the company of the lights you are purchasing? I am definitely interested to learn more about what your getting here.

At my LFS they are 60 for the main unit and 40 a piece for each add on unit with a maximum of two add ons. That is for the daylights or the actinics. One unit would make for awesome moonlights

Well Janell sent me back to get everything else for the LEDs after seeing the colors. Ill get some pics when they are installed.

Heres a shot of the Ducans.

100_1409.jpg

Back