Ryans Reef

Nope I got all of the flex from a local spa store before I found flexpvc.com they sell the same stuff though. Are you going to put your sump under the tank or do it remote? If you are going to do it remote the flex will be perfect actually either will work. You will have a difficult time plumbing an Oceans Motions with a sump under the stand. You will just have to set it up so that your pump and the OM isnt so tall that is where I failed. My pump assembly is close to 28 inches tall even with having a 40 inch tall stand I had a difficult time due to all of my closed loop returns going through the bottom of the tank. If they go through the back or sides you will have a much better time with it.

I actually like the flex very well you just have to make sure that you have about a 12" section to work with in the 1" size. The two inch that I used for the closed loop intake was quite a bit harder to work with. If you do use it and can unwind it straight for a couple of days before working with it you will have a much much easier time than if you leave ic coiled. It does have a memory I guess would be the best way to say it.

I have all of the external plumbing done on the system, I have two lines to run internally but I am lacking a stupid .33 cent elbow and that has halted progress for the night. First thing tomorrow Ill have it done.

Ill also be picking up the other half of my live rock in the morning, another 150lbs or so to go with the 125 or so I already have. Making water as we speak.

Nope I got all of the flex from a local spa store before I found flexpvc.com they sell the same stuff though. Are you going to put your sump under the tank or do it remote?

I stopped by a spa store on my way home today and they did not have any. I'm sure there has to be somebody near me with some. I just need to find them.

My sump is going to be beneath the tank and I have holes drilled for 2 CL returns in the bottom/front of the tank and 2 in back glass. On all my drawings I was planning on putting the Dart with OM in the stand. After looking at the Dart and the 4-way under my stand in the garage I have already decided to build a little stand for the Dart and put it behind my stand/aquarium and just space the stand a little further away from the wall.

Thanks for your input it's helpful.

HOT DAMN! The plumbing is done! Im waiting for the glue to dry on the last two joints now. I need to get a threaded loc-line adapter before I can put any sand in it but Im going to fresh test it tomorrow as I want to shore up the floor before adding all the extra weight.

I also picked up another 110lbs of live rock today. That brings my total up to around 235lbs all bought for 2.50 a pound. I also got an Icecap 660 and two VHO super actinic bulbs and endcaps. Ive got my skimmer in a vinegar soak. So hopefully if the seams and joints all hold water we'll be salty very very soon! Woo freaking hoo. Im excited cant you tell!

THIS BUILD HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY MOUNTAIN DEW AND XM SQUIZZ

Back Wall

180fishtank001.jpg

Back Side

180fishtank003-1.jpg

Through the Overflow Box

180fishtank006-1.jpg

Under the Stand

180fishtank004-1.jpg

MMM Spaghetti!!!!

180fishtank005-1.jpg

Looks great. You have more guts then I do drilling in the mddle of the tank. A local guy did that and when he fresh tested it the back broke. He thought it was from the pvc vibrations though.

If it breaks it breaks I guess, haha. Nothing I can do about it now. I know where theres another one for 500 bucks and there is a 210 for sale for 550. We'll see what happens.

Its not right in the middle though. Its down on the back more than it looks

Didnt really notice the dirty glass,I'm just happy you about got it ready to got salty.
Looks good.Hopefully no leaks.

i would think that i would cut out the section that was the problem and redo just it i would not trust silicone enough to hold the leak

i had a small leak over the lid of my sump when i got it installed and it was a quick remedy with a nice helping of extra pvc glue and the problem was no longer a problem

does the flex just screw into the end? if it does than unscrew it and use silicone like you would thread tape and put that back in i would problably do that anyway. as for a solid connection i would not trust just silicone.

I glued screw in caps on some of the lines. I switched to clear primer for part of the plumbing but wasnt as happy with the results so I switched back. Purple is uglier but the joints seemed to set up stronger.

i would not worry than. like i said the only joint i would be afraid of are the screw in ones. the rest sould be fine since the glue melts the plastic together

Back