Ryans Reef

WE HAVE WATER! Well fresh water anyways, the system passed the freshwater test, I had two setbacks.

Number 1: Dont just take for granted that the manufacturer put the O rings in your ball valves! Mine didnt and I apparently didnt notice it when I was putting them together.

Number 2: Needed to put an extra half turn on the 2" bulkhead

I never realized just how stressful it can be to turn a hose on. Thank god its over. I still probably wont sleep well tonight.

I have a little more water noise than I had hoped for due to the euro-bracing I cant make my durso's quite tall enough to silence the overflow boxes. The overflows themselves are quiet as a church mouse, Ive also got a little bit of a hum from the Sequence but I figure that is to be expected. Not too much louder than a freshwater air pump, kind of sounds like a fan. I figured the flow would be a little stronger but it should be alright for now.

Couple of todays shots and my first video attempt ever, trying to show some flow patterns I guess?

Fill 'er up Sport

180fishtank001-1.jpg

Full and Sweating

180fishtank002-1.jpg

Flow Video--Not sure its helpful at all.

The ripples are with all return points aimed at either the front of the tank or across the tank the long way. Trying to figure out if the 3200 is going to be sufficient or if I need to jump up to a barracuda. Hope it conveys what Im seeing.

Yep all eurobraced up. Dont really like the bracing on the ends it covers up quite a bit of the overflow and makes it so you cant build my durso's high enough.

Nope Ive got one all ready to go on. Need to get my lighting in order then it will on there. No point in putting it on when ive got to drain it in a day or two anyways.

Very true. I still have to order and pendant and bulb, as well as the Tek 2 T05 retro kit, and last but not least a good ole calcium reactor. What do you have left to purchase?

I still have to build a cap I hedl off because I wasn't sure of the design I was gonna go with, but now I know so I will probably start building it this week.

Bulbs. Ive got an Icecap for the VHO actinics a 400w icecap eballast, two 250w magnetics. Going to order bulbs next weekend I think. Depending on the bill situation.

Go with something where the front and first 6-8 inches of the top of the canopy fold open. Much better design than a door in the front IMO.

Well I'm not sure about engineering!HAHAHA My plan is to build a frame to secure the plywood to, and then another frame for the inside that the MH and T-5s will mount to. I plan on mounting the MH to 2x4s and just resting them on the frame for the T-5s so you can just either slide it or pic it up out of the frame completely. I hope that makes sense.

Back