d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

Check this out. I think I'm going to be saving on electricity!
This is my tank in the morning with NO lights on. The windows face north, no direct light, but wow is the tank lit up with all four sides getting natural light! lol

761488918_CVuW9-O.jpg

I bet this thing looks monstrous in person. Pictures don't really do it justice.

Hehehe. That's what she said.

Check this out. I think I'm going to be saving on electricity!
This is my tank in the morning with NO lights on. The windows face north, no direct light, but wow is the tank lit up with all four sides getting natural light! lol

Oh man. Can't wait to see the algae bloom in this tank!!!!

It's coming along real well. Time to start the cycle!

Hehehe. That's what she said.

Oh man. Can't wait to see the algae bloom in this tank!!!!

It's coming along real well. Time to start the cycle!

LOL!
I know, i gotta go get that UV hooked up!
Who knows what will happen until i get corals in, but imagine being able to leave all lights off until around 5pm-10pm... when we are there to view the tank.

I'm looking at the rock today... lots of cool little feather duster things popping in and out of the rocks.

Ammonia is holding steady today at .25

It sure cleared up nicely:D
When do you expect the next shipment of rock in?

In about 2 weeks or so. As soon as the ammonia stops spiking I just call Richard at TBS and he will overnight Part II. The 2nd half of the rock with lots more life on it, all my cuc and hopefully some other surprise goodies. :D

wow i have really fallen asleep at the wheel on your thread dennis. its been a long time since i have been here!
1. your house is yet again amazing! loved the outside pics. im floored.
2. wow the tank looks so clean in your house. its awesome
3. im so happy to see rock and water in there. absolutely awesome!
4. oh yeah, your still an amazing photographer. I mean you have to be to afford a bad ass house like that.

Richard is a pretty good dude. My last order of dry rock had an unusual hitch hiker. I put my two base pieces in and was arranging them when all of a sudden something popped up and it swimming on the surface. Jumped back real fast. It was a black colored snake swimmimg pretty well. My first thought was a cottonmouth. I quickly grabbed some tongs and got that guy and quickly dispatched of him. He had an orange ring around his neck however I did not pay attention to that at first. It turned out to be a Florida Ringneck which is harmless. I guess the rock was just sitting somewhere and he was curled up inside when Richard bagged it. Also had little baby tree frogs popping out of those two pieces. I informed Richard and said that, that was a first.

Alex, thanks!
Oh, but the only thing my photography gets me is more photography equipment. :mrgreen: The wife and I are both graphic designers... with no kids yet. lol

Steelcity, thanks. Ya Richard definitely seems to be a cool guy.

Ammonia is still holding steady at .25 since the initial 1.0 spike and water change.
Might be able to get Part II of my package pretty soon!

Here's another couple pics.

763523467_DDh2q-O.jpg

763523434_3EknN-O.jpg

And working on getting my Reefkeeper Elite transferred over from my old tank to this tank and getting the wiring in order.

763523452_wdtQP-O.jpg

I ain't staying up. I'm going to bed! :D

Yote, i put in a small silverside.
Only thing I've trapped so far are several nassarius snails. :p

Back