Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

Scratch that. Turning off Firewall did not fix it :cry:. I think I'll just go to bed. Dammit, where's the chocolate cake when I need it?!?!

Windows is totally up to date. No new software was installed by ME. Yesterday, Toshiba did an automatic update to the BIOS. I suspect this all started shortly afterwards.

BIOS? That's usually not an automatic thing and it's usually not recommended unless you are having a problem that the BIOS update specifically addresses. That could definitely be the problem. I hate to say it, but you may be heading to the computer store for this one.

??? Since I bought the laptop, about twice a week the Toshiba Update thing on the task bar pops up and says "There are recommended updates to your Toshiba Satellite Laptop!" I just installed this one the same as I have the rest... :(

If it's still effed up tomorrow, I'll call Toshiba.

That's not Bios, it's just an update to the toshiba software it came preloaded with. Have you checked your system devices to see if there are any conflicts? Im wondering if Toshiba did a driver update that's conflicting with something else.

I know, but the updates say what they are for, and this one mentioned BIOS. I remember that because the problem that supposedly crashed my last laptop had to do with the BIOS, so I immediately recognized that when it popped up.

I don't know anything about system devices.

This is what I know: Power on. Welcome Sarah! Clicky clicky Firefox. Bookmarks -- Living Reefs. The end.

Beyond the basics, I'm out of my league.

You know, it's like fartin' in a windstorm... Or something.

Right click on "my computer" on your desktop and click device manager, or you can find device manager in the control panel. After it opens, does it have any alerts?

No alerts. It said all devices are working correctly or something like that. I'll try to figure it out when I get home from work tonight. :( Or hopefully it will just have fixed itself in the meantime.

Biff,

What model Satellite is that? They're are 3 form Toshiba that do require BIOS updates with Windows 7. (I assume you have) They are

A305D
L300D & L305D
L355D.

Do you have 64 bit or 32 bit (probably says on a sticker bottom left side of your keyboard)
Which one do you have? If you don't do the BIOS update in a certain amount of time you can/will get BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)

Last edited:
Mine is a L505, PRC. No blue screen of death!

After an hour or so of being remotely connected to my computer, rwynn seems to have managed to figure out what the problem was! YAY!!! I will be compensating his hard work and effort with some chaeto in the mail!

Thanks rwynn! I don't know wtf is wrong with it (I don't understand any of what you did or said) but it seems like it worked!!! THANKS!

Awesome Rwynn... and those for those pics you snagged too Ill get them posted up in no time :nanananan:nanananan:nanananan... so what was wrong?

Back