Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

It seems you ended up with some really nice corals and despite the horrible customer support they are alive and well and of course the blastos are red and bright as ever. Can you um...frag me one of them?

Wondering what you got a SWA. Did you forget us?

No. I have been having computer issues all night. NDB thinks something with the firewall is acting up? Every time I try to load a page, it says that the connection has timed out. Modem is working fine, router is working fine, NDB's computer is working fine, I just can't load any pages. We've been trying to figure it out now for a few hours.

No. I have been having computer issues all night. NDB thinks something with the firewall is acting up? Every time I try to load a page, it says that the connection has timed out. Modem is working fine, router is working fine, NDB's computer is working fine, I just can't load any pages. We've been trying to figure it out now for a few hours.

Sorry.:( I hope he gets it fixed.

It usually costs Biff a couple hundred dollars to have NDB fix the computer... might as well just take it right to the store:mrgreen:

Is it a wireless connection? Or is it plugged in to the modem/router. If it is wireless, make sure that it is finding the network. I have had problems where my wireless card gets turned off somehow and needs to be turned back on

I would get rid of it and get a Mac. JMO. :lol:

It usually costs Biff a couple hundred dollars to have NDB fix the computer... might as well just take it right to the store:mrgreen:

Is it a wireless connection? Or is it plugged in to the modem/router. If it is wireless, make sure that it is finding the network. I have had problems where my wireless card gets turned off somehow and needs to be turned back on

While you're at it maybe pick up a new NDB too. :mrgreen:

I've tried turning everything on and off. I reset the modem. Reset the router. It works fine if it's plugged directly into the modem. It keeps timing out when I switch to wireless. But NDB's laptop is working fine wireless.

I can find the network just fine. It connects just fine, and the signal is "Excellent". "Excellent" -- I like saying that word with a Mr. Burns accent.

I just bought this laptop like 3 weeks ago or something :( Ugh. Whatever. As an old lady I used to work with would say, "Tech NO logic!"

Yeah sorry I cant be of more help biff. If it was actually sitting infront of me, I might be able to do something but my computer skills arent that good to help you over the net.

IF the computer is connecting to the router and showing "excellent" signal strength and NDB's computer is able to browse, then it HAS to be a software problem on your pc. What antivirus software are you using? It's either an antivirus program, or windows firewall. BTW you cannot run both windows firewall and an aftermarket firewall and that could be the problem. If you are using antivirus software that has it's own firewall, then make sure your windows firewall is turned off.

You should be fine with that setup. First, if you can, update AVG. Then Try turning windows firewall off and see what happens. If you cannot, or that doesn't do any good, then try turning AVG off and see if that helps. Do you have any other security software running? (Like Dell security center)

AVG is fully updated.

No other security software. I went to the Firewall menu and "add software to communicate through Windows Firewall" -- I added AVG Free. It wasn't on the list before. I also added Mozilla Firefox.

I'll see if this works. If not, I'll try turning the Firewall off. I hate computers :(

Adding AVG to the Firewall "communications" screen or whatever didn't help. I turned off Windows Firewall altogether. ALERT ALERT ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS? Yes. That's why I clicked it, you dumbass.

It seems to be working MUCH better now with the Firewall off. Is that safe, for me to use it without the Firewall on?

Adding AVG to the Firewall "communications" screen or whatever didn't help. I turned off Windows Firewall altogether. ALERT ALERT ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS? Yes. That's why I clicked it, you dumbass.

It seems to be working MUCH better now with the Firewall off. Is that safe, for me to use it without the Firewall on?

No it's not safe, but you need to just configure it so that it doesn't get in your way, but keeps you safe. For now, if you are just visiting LR or other familiar sites, you should be fine without it.

Back