Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

Today is the big day... Flatworm treatment time... I'm going out of town tomorrow, so it's kind of bad timing, but I'm sure NDB can keep things under control if needed. I hope.

Just finishing up making up 25% of my tank's volume in new water right now... Yuck. What a mess. But I guess it's better to do it now when I only have a few sensitive corals in there vs. next week when my big order comes in.

I'm going to go to Petsmart and pick up some Prime just in case... Changing this much water makes me a little bit nervous.

I know the feeling Biff make sure you have some carbon also. Once they start dying you need to start the carbon. Or else the toxins released from the flat worms could kill your tank.

I was organizing the stuff in my stand tonight, and I guess the fairy wrasse decided to go carpet (or tile, in this case) surfing at some point in the last couple days. That bitch. Crispy fish jerky. I made NDB clean her up :(

No kidding. It's funny, because all of the fish that I currently have, I've had for 5+ years. They were all my "first fish" in my original 55 gallon tank. Only the newer ones have kicked the bucket!

Thanks guys! Yote, the lobos have REALLY improved just in the few days I've had them. They were in a tank with pretty much no light, so I've been really happy with how they've turned around.

I'm not too bummed about the wrasse. She was pretty, but I got her at Petco because the guy there pretty much begged me too -- she was malnourished so she was gray, and he said no one was interested in buying her, even though she was discounted 50%. He felt bad for her. I told him, "You know why her colors are gone, right? She's not eating right." He was like, "Huh? What? I feed her Tetra flakes." :shock: I took pity on her and brought her home, even though that meant I wouldn't be able to get a new leopard wrasse. Then she jumped. So that's her fault!! :p

This just means I'll be able to get a BooBoo replacement instead!

Back