Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

Here's a better pic... of me NOT staring up at the lights...

IMG_3438.jpg

very nice Biff. I feel your pain about cheap frags. I have been thinking I need more snails but keep putting it off. I want big snails the last group didnt last very long. Never buy margarita snails. Those are just crab food. I want a few more mexican turbos but the lfs charges $10 a snail for those. :grumble:

That's so odd biff. I Ordered the same fixture and got 1 broken actinic bulb too. What a coincidence. Or is it? Haha

!they ship each box with 1 broken bulb to save money! What cheap guys!:mrgreen::grumble:

What kind of corals did you get?

Last night? I got a HUGE open brain (one of the biggest I've ever seen, seriously), a 4-headed candy cane frag, a 2-headed duncan frag and a 2-headed hammer frag. They still hadn't fully opened up by the time I went to bed and shut the lights off, so I'll take pictures of them when I get home. Hopefully they will cooperate!

The good news is that I fed the duncans and the candy canes last night, and they gobbled the food up.

NDB is taking me back to the LFS tonight... They were supposed to get a new shipment in today. I have a craving for some blastos!

Saw some flatworms in my tank for the first time ever last night. Not too many -- probably about 20 or so. All confined to the same mushroom rock. I hadn't added anything to my tank in at least a year, so I think BooBoo the leopard wrasse just kept them in check all that time. Then he passed away in October, so I'm seeing them now.

So I stopped by the LFS and picked up some Flatworm Exit. Ugh. What a wonderful project to be doing this weekend, but I want to take care of it before they get out of hand.

I also picked up a small yellow octospawn frag. My other corals that I got yesterday opened up today, so I'll take pictures of the new additions tonight.

The octospawn hasn't opened up yet, but the other corals are looking happy. Here they are:

The new brain:
IMG_3467.jpg

Hammer:
IMG_3468.jpg

Candy canes:
IMG_3469.jpg

Duncans:
IMG_3471.jpg

And a couple pictures of my newly found flat friends :grumble::
IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

I think your hammer is a torch biffster.

I'm questioning which one it is as well. Some of the heads have hammer tips. But some of the heads are round... It's really small right now (the tentacles are only about an inch long) so I'll probably have to wait until it grows a bit to be sure.

Nice! I picked up a head of that same FS from Rob before the move and it has already split. Hopefully yours will grow quick too!

I hope so. Yesterday Mike told me that it was $15 a head. But that new guy tonight rang it up as $30. I called him out on that one! It's got a really nice yellow color. I hope mine grows quickly too! I'm going to try feeding it tonight.

Yeah I heard him ring it up wrong... That's why I've always dealt only with Rob and Mike. It's much easier when you are dealing with the same person, who has the knowledge of what they are selling, and the authority to give discounts.

I hope so. Yesterday Mike told me that it was $15 a head. But that new guy tonight rang it up as $30. I called him out on that one! It's got a really nice yellow color. I hope mine grows quickly too! I'm going to try feeding it tonight.

That's definitely a problem with their pricing system (or lack of one) You can ask any of them and get a different answer as to the price. I hate that about a business. Ah, let's see, humm, I wonder how much we can get out of you.

Okay fine it's a torch!! :( I like hammers the best. I'll just have to pick up a hammer next week :mrgreen:

I hadn't heard that about the lighting, Freak. Thanks for the heads up. Right now, I have the neon *TORCH* a few inches off the bottom, so hopefully it will be okay there!

Back