Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

In celebration of the "Out For Delivery" status I saw when I was tracking my lights at work, I stopped by the ol' LFS on the way home. I haven't purchased any corals in years. I was psyched! I picked up 4 things: a 4-headed blue-green candy cane frag, a 2-headed fluorescent hammer frag, a 2-headed green duncan frag and a HUGE pink-blue-green open brain. Got home super excited to introduce them to their new home and...no lights! Oh man. When that UPS guy pulls up to my street, I'm gonna rush him!

Pics will be posted when they open up!

Lol...look at you. And you had the nerve to talk about me going coral crazy...lol. Hopefully your lights arrive real soon.

Nice! Congrats... I'm about at the same spot, ready to buy some new livestock and I have a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket. Looking forward to the pics Sarah. I have your shrooms ready to go. there's now 4 small heads on the piece. Also, your buckets are clean and ready to return. The bad news... I checked and I cannot find the strainer for the MJ1200 you need. I know that I had some extras but I fear I may have tossed them in the move because they aren't in the box of "junk". Alex will have to take care of you on that one.

Lol...look at you. And you had the nerve to talk about me going coral crazy...lol. Hopefully your lights arrive real soon.

Haha! Well, the three small frags were $10 each. You can't really beat that price! I am going to have to stick with buying small, cheap frags. I can't afford colonies of anything! That's fine -- more satisfaction in seeing them grow out!

NDB asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day this year. I said, "CORALS!" He said he'd take me to the LFS on Friday and buy me some stuff ;)

My lights just arrived! 5 bulbs intact, one broken :( It was packaged pretty well, though. I emailed the company already asking them to replace the bulb. Oh well. It's just an actinic bulb, so I'll cannibalize one of the actinics from my old T5 setup in the meantime. Yay!!

New lights!

IMG_3424.jpg

Tank with old lights and old aquascaping:

120509134.jpg

Tank with new lights and new aquascaping:

IMG_3428.jpg

Sorry the water was cloudy from me messing around with the rocks again... My new corals still haven't opened up yet, so I'll get pics of them in a couple hours.

Thanks! Now I can finally keep something other than mushrooms :(

I have to take a new picture of the tank. In the one I just took, I'm pointed too far upwards at the light...

Back