Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

Not quite sold on them yet. But since I got new lights, I HAD to have some new corals to put in the tank! Their prices weren't bad at all -- $10 for each of those little frags. I can live with that.

You can't just leave us hanging. I don't even know Bill and I want to know why he was fired. Stealing, embezzlement, doing the owners old lady. Come on tell the world.

Let me first say that I never had any problems with Bill. He was always a nice old man to me, really friendly and funny, never creepy.

My coworker's sister in law went in their store once, and she said that he was the only one in the store, drunk, standing behind the counter, not wearing any pants.

Justin (mng) said that Bill acted inappropriately towards his wife when he was in there, and made his wife uncomfortable.

The owner of the store told me that he fired Bill because apparently Bill showed up to work drunk and grabbed the chest of a female customer. He was drunk enough that he wasn't aware of what he was doing, and the next day he couldn't understand why he had lost his job!

Valentine's Day gifts today! NDB bought me a 3-headed pink candy cane frag, two purple/pink lobos, an orange/neon pink/purple chalice frag and a small colony (~30 heads) of blastomussa merletti!! I got him a gift certificate for the shooting range near our house. We both are very happy! Pics to come when they open up.

Last edited:
Here are pics of the new additions. Here are the two lobos. They have a lot of receding flesh, but I guess that's why they were in the "clearance" tank, hahaha. It was an excellent price for the two of them, so even though they're not "perfect", I was happy to take them!
IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

Pink candy canes:
IMG_3481.jpg

Chalice:
IMG_3486.jpg

Blastos:
IMG_3482.jpg

And here is a "survivor" I found recently. This guy is one of the few that survived the tank move, rocks sitting in my living room for months with dirty water and no lights, and then 6 months with hardly any lights:
IMG_3485.jpg

Thanks -- the LFS has the mother colony of the chalice in their display tank, and it's almost a rainbow. Starts out aqua blue on one end, then gradually fades to orange, purple and pink. I can't wait for it to grow out in my tank (my frag is about the size of a quarter).

Thank you! I bought all of these since Wednesday :shock:.

And last night I ordered a bunch of stuff from Knucklhead's store... I'm really excited! After that, I'm going to have to stop myself and let my bank account catch up to my uncontrollable urge for coral... :cry:

I know the feeling. I haven't been in my LFS in awhile. Trying to play catch up on the bills since the holidays. Plus, waiting on the income tax to be deposited in my saltwater account :bounce:

Plus, waiting on the income tax to be deposited in my saltwater account :bounce:

Hehehe. I do NDB's taxes as well as mine, and I listed my account for both his refunds :trampolin :trampolin. So that's why I was able to go coral shopping! Mine is supposed to take ~3 months to get back because the IRS is supposedly screening everyone who tries to get that first time homebuyer credit by hand, so there is a delay in giving the money out. So I just took his money and ran to the fish store with it!!

Plus, I'm going out of state to White Sands, NM for work next week (AGAIN) and every time I go, I get a $500 bonus for the mileage (1000 miles round trip) since I take my personal vehicle. I already spent it on corals! Haha.

Those are some sweet new corals, receding or not.

And I like the way you think... i'm just glad in this case you are not my gf. LOL! :mrgreeen:

Yeah, each of those lobos is about 6" x 4" and they have great coloration. The LFS wanted $25 for the two of them! I know they'll spring back in no time, given some good water quality, some good lighting and some yummy meals.

When I first started dating NDB, he had been running his own business for years and OOPS hadn't done his taxes since 2002 (he was an irresponsible cad before I forced him to shape up!). I took his stuff to a tax consultant and the guy walked me through one year's worth, explaining how to do all the calculations and all the extra forms I needed. I then went home did the remaining business and individual tax returns by hand for him, and got him all caught up with 5 years of missing tax returns. It took me about 4 months to do it all, but we couldn't afford to pay a professional to do any more than the first year. I really busted my ass to get his finances in shape, and I hardly knew him. What can I say, I was smitten :). So I figured he owes me!

If he asks, I'll just tell him that I've started charging for my tax preparation services. And I charge a lot, because I'm that good at it.

Back