Yotes 125

how many hours would you have to "volunteer" for a Tyree true undata?
Nice chalice/acro/galaxea. Man I gotta get some new stuff soon. Thanks for waking up my SPS appetite yote!

how many hours would you have to "volunteer" for a Tyree true undata?
Nice chalice/acro/galaxea. Man I gotta get some new stuff soon. Thanks for waking up my SPS appetite yote!
Thanks .
Oh,About an hour:D

I've actually had that acro a couple of months and the Galaxea closer to 5 months
I didnt intend to spend so much time in there today,and really hadnt even thought about that Chalice.I'd never really read up on Chalice,so didnt intend to get it.But at closing time,the store owner bagged it up and told me to bring it home and grow it out.And I never one been one to argue when basically free corals was involved.

Grow that thing out man! Chalices have been hotter than hell out here the past couple years, commanding some insane prices ($300 an eye?!)
Aussie acans are all the rage also. I have no idea how people justify the prices on these things. It's nice for me though, that SPS is out of style and I can snag frags for less than they were 5 years ago. Maybe someday there will be a second hand frag store for all the cool corals of yesterdays tastes lol

yote it's kinda hard to see, but what i can looks to be very stunning. I love Chalices. They are pretty easy and add a lot of color. Makes me sad though cause I lost two in my recent boil. A bright green with blue eyes and a big bright orange one. Good luck with yours it looks like a beautiful color.

Grow that thing out man! Chalices have been hotter than hell out here the past couple years, commanding some insane prices ($300 an eye?!)
Aussie acans are all the rage also. I have no idea how people justify the prices on these things. It's nice for me though, that SPS is out of style and I can snag frags for less than they were 5 years ago. Maybe someday there will be a second hand frag store for all the cool corals of yesterdays tastes lol

Its about the same around here Jag.But people start buyin up thinking they'll make some money as they grow out.But after everybodies got em,the price falls off.I can get Aussie Acans.Just walk back to our bigg reef tank and bag em up.But there not one of my favorite corals and theres folks that'll pay the price for em,so I'll leave em for those folks.:D

yote it's kinda hard to see, but what i can looks to be very stunning. I love Chalices. They are pretty easy and add a lot of color. Makes me sad though cause I lost two in my recent boil. A bright green with blue eyes and a big bright orange one. Good luck with yours it looks like a beautiful color.

Yeah David.I know its hard to see that pic.I kinda quick snapped it with my phone right before the timers cut my lights off.I'll get better pics as soon as the timers turn em back on:D
And I know how you feel about boils and such.I've had about the same luck with my SPS.About the time I think I got em goin good,something stupid happens and knocks me back.Thats one of the reasons I've started adding other types of corals now.

I must have had a really good boil, probably 24 hours worth, because it even killed my softies too. I got a new control unit for my heater (3rd one, 3rd brand) but am afraid to use it. Not sure what to do. I know I will need a heater come fall because of the design of my tank. Any ideas?

That's a good idea. If one heater controller messed up how hot would your tank get with one heater on all the time? Has it happened to you too?

Yes that's true. But these things really shouldn't malfunction so much either. You pay good money for something that should last a while or at the least doesn't hang in the "on" position! Crap!

i have a 15w heater in my sons gold fish tank ant it keeps it at close to 70 but it is almost always on no if i put another 15w heater in there it would raise the temp alot more but both heaters would not have to run as much but if something happens to one of them one will not be enough to over heat the tank by itself but if both got stuck than you will have problems.

i have a 15w heater in my sons gold fish tank ant it keeps it at close to 70 but it is almost always on no if i put another 15w heater in there it would raise the temp alot more but both heaters would not have to run as much but if something happens to one of them one will not be enough to over heat the tank by itself but if both got stuck than you will have problems.

If it can happen then it probably will with me. ;lol ;

David,I got one 100 watt heater in each of my overflows.So I'm still under powered for my tank.But its enough with the powerheads and return pump to keep the temp stable(as long as the AC dont quit).
Something to keep in mind.Anything thats man made,no matter how much it costs,can malfunction.

Finally got around to uploading pics of my new Chalice:
8-2-09Chalice.jpg

Heres a closer shot
Chalicecloseup.jpg

I have yet to figure out how to get all the color in my shots.Someday I'll get it right though:D

pics look great! better than my camera phone :grumble: When it grows does it curve out horizontally like a cup or...chalice? :question:

Back