the 210 gallon in wall project

hell kid, i dont know, i havent had enough caffeen yet, maybe later...

yea, we ended up basically remodeling this end of the house... we're changing the room that is becomming the fish room from a spare bedroom and the garage, which was my living room, will now be the spare bedroom/craft room, its where i'll put my sewing machine, and the wife can have all her pink and balerina stuff and i dont have to look at it all the time... Actually, i think putting the tv above the tank would be just about perfect, cause we are slouchers/recliner type people...

thanks Yote, i just do the best i can with what i have, and i just make it up as i go... yea, its most likely gonna be thursday, but there is a slight chance of tomorrow, i'll make sure and take pics and post them ASAP.

thanks...

ok, epoxy flake finish floor is now down and drying.

Attachments

• 2-16-10 004  s.jpg
    2-16-10 004 s.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 224
it is made for garage floors. most of them are oil resistant and water proof but it is spendy if you need a lot of it here it is about 80 bucks for one kit and i dont know for shure how much it covers

I was wondering about the reviews too... And if it's 80 bucks for a gallon, well, other types of flooring are much more expensive than that. The floor in my kitchen alone cost $1000. So that price doesn't seem bad to me!

yea, i used the behr in the package thing, its a pre-packaged kit in a rectangular "bucket" the hardest part for me was all the prep, i had to use stripper to get the glue that someone used to glue down the carpet pad, then your supposed to etch and clean the concrete and then you just paint out the stuff...

really, its not any harder than painting anything else, you just have to keep the leading edge where you are working wet, so that the flakes sink into the paint before it dries and they just sit on the top...

the one thing that did notice is that when your spreading the flakes, i like the "little bit in the palm and shake" method... and the higher you hold your hand the more evenly the flakes land on the floor... I'm 5'5" and i held my hand at about shoulder height when i spread my flakes, and they look even enough for me...

yea, its supposed to be waterproof, and oil and hot tire pickup resistant and all that... walk lightly at 8 hours, heavy traffic and cars after 3 days... infact its so waterproof, that they suggest that you tape down a section of plastic on the floor and let it stay there and "sweat" for so long just to test the water permeability of the slab, they say that if your plastic gets wet then the product may not stay stuck down good, so, sounds like its even waterproof enough to stop water vapor comming up outta the concrete...

didnt really stink like i thought it would too, i think i can pretty safely say that it stank less than a gallon of kilz....

we decided to use the paint on floor, rather than the el-cheapo self stick tiles, cause, well, i hate thoes, carpet is out, and this seemed easy enough...

truth be told tho, i cheated, i didnt use the etcher cleaner, i just did some of the stripping(till i got tired of it cause that was a bunch of BS), i mopped the floor to make sure i got all the residue and dust up, let it dry and then just painted the floor. so, i guess we'll see if it stays stuck to the floor good or not...

oh, as for cost, i got it at homedepot, had it custom colored, and it was only like $75 and i had material left over, its supposed to do like 250 sq-ft i think... so, basically a 1 car garage...

Last edited:
I don't know if there are different grades of the stuff, but my parents had an epoxy floor put in their rec. room a little over a year ago when they were building their house, and to this day, it still looks awesome. Granted it cost them like $3000 for close 1000sq/ft., but they did pay somebody to do it, rather than do it themselves, and again, I don't know if it was a higher grade or something. Nonetheless it is holding up really well and they're always getting compliments on it.

Probably one of the best parts was when we were getting the game tables in there: we just pushed and slid things around and didn't have to worry about scratching a thing, made things go real fast. Even now, if people want to section off or pull up a seat, we just slide the couches.

Nice choice Project! :bounce: ...I like the color too.

I'm just saying they paid a lot more than the $0.30/sq. ft. that Project paid for just materials...$2.70/sq. ft. for install sounds like a bit much.

Back