the 210 gallon in wall project

oh, i'm so excited, i dont think i'm gonna sleep a wink tonight... went and got the return pump section of the system from tractor supply today, its a 17.5 gallon "all purpose bucket" with rope handles. also picked up a 3" toilet flange, and a spacer ring... just wait, ya'll are gonna love this one... i'll take pictures when i get it together...

Yea, so, it looks like its just gonna be me, the wife, ted, and 2 of our bigger buddies... this is gonna get interesting...

talk about a truck load, with the tank, the 2 buckets of salt, and 140 lbs of sand, i could really feel the extra weight in my 1/2 ton.. hehehehe

yea, i know about the black out curtains, we just put one up in the new living room... but i never thought about using them on the tank... thats pretty spiffy, good idea, i just may steal that one...

Well, I can't wait to see it in place. Good luck this weekend. I'm sure you're oging to have a blast.

You just make sure to get a picture when I sling this tank across my back and carry it in for ya. lol I will see you in the morning and you better get some sleep. Dont need you all grumpy and crusty eyed. :Cheers:

Good luck getting that beast in place.:D
Hope y'all dont strain a nad:mrgreen:
Ohh dont say that. I have done that twice Project I should be leaving here in a few minutes. Dropping my son off at the church and heading your way.

here ya go, more to come...

Attachments

• 2-20-10 008  s.jpg
    2-20-10 008 s.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 2-20-10 007  s.jpg
    2-20-10 007 s.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 2-20-10 006  s.jpg
    2-20-10 006 s.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 237
actually we had pizza and sodas...

oh and yea, Ted and my buddy Eric just picked the whole tank up and just walked off with it, put it in the hole, and that was that....

first 20 gallons of ro are in, and marked....

now i'm gonna let it sit and wait a little, just wait and see if the bottom leaks , then its fill'n time, in the meantime, i need to get to work on all the plumbing...

oh, the other thing, now that theres water in it, i can finally get a "God's ruleing" on just how level my stand is. Looking at the tank from the front, the right end of the tank is 1/8 inch higher than the left end, over the entire length of the stand, and perfectly level front to back. Meaning that the stand is a single flat plain and dosent have any twist to it, and i think that an eighth of an inch over 6 feet is plenty close enough to level, Dont yall?

Attachments

• 2-20-10 010  s.jpg
    2-20-10 010 s.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 2-20-10 011  s.jpg
    2-20-10 011 s.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 2-20-10 012  s.jpg
    2-20-10 012 s.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 2-20-10 013  s.jpg
    2-20-10 013 s.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 211
oh my god we have to re do the whole thing.........J/K I wouldnt think that 1/8th if a inch would matter to much. As long as it is a flat plan like you say it is. Should be fine.

yea, i think it worked out perfectly... well, i'm off to the home depot for the first run of plumbing supplies to get this thing working...

I believe it will keep the rock from touching the glass. Some people would rather pay a couple bucks to ease their fears than stay awake at night worrying aobut a rock falling and busting the bottom of the tank.

Correct me if Im wrong project

Back