Sniffles 29G

What are they gonna open up to be?!?!?!? :D :question:
DSCN6422.jpg

Well, I posted those closed Zoa's, so here's a pic of them open. The polyps aren't very large so bear with me! Some good ol' whammin watermelons! I've been lookin for these guys EVERYWHERE! I know you can find them online places, but I'm not too fond of the $50 s/h. Also, thought I'd try my hand at another leather. The past 2 that I had (in my 10G tank) died a miserable death, due to poor weather conditions.... my lesson has been learned in that. Any advice on keep this guy happy?

DSCN6423.jpg

DSCN6424.jpg

my watermelon zoas grow like crazy... they're in a med flow area and high light. my devils hand is in medium-high flow, high light, and it's also growing like mad. One thing I noticed about leathers is, they don't like to be near other corals-- esp zoas or frogspawns (at least in my tank). nice additions and good luck!

It's been a while since I've thrown out some pics. Yes, they are the same corals :mrgreen:, but I love them. My Elegance has adjusted to my tank and looks SO BEAUTIFUL!! It catches your eye no matter when you look at the tank. Also, a pic of my Duncan and its new heads, my fuzzy mushroom and Rico Yuma above it.

Also, my g/fs sister and her husband had their tank crash on them about 4 months ago. They had their LR just sitting in their tank with no flow and hardly any water (not even enough to cover them all). Her sister called me today and said they are breaking that tank down so they can get rid of the tank, and that they wanted me to take as much LR as I can fit into my tank. So I have a bucket full of the stuff on my back porch in some water that I took from my tank from a water change. I'll be throwing a spare maxi jet 1200 in there tonight, if I can haul my ass into my attic. Tomorrow I'll scrub the piss out of them as well. I'm going to make damn well sure that I don't place them in my tank and have them pollute my water, so they'll stay in the bucket for as long as they need to.
DSCN6538.jpg

DSCN6539.jpg

DSCN6540.jpg

DSCN6542.jpg

First off, Merry Christmas everyone.

So my tank gave me a Christmas present a couple of days ago. I was opening the door to check the water level and it wouldn't open. Finally got it open to find that the bottom board was swelled up and the inlet to my sump was leaking down the side. So I siphoned the water out of the 1st chamber, opened presents then pumped the rest of the water out of the sump using my return pump. Ordered a new stand, the same type just new. Then disassembled everything, cleaned everything, took out the sump, peeled off the old silicone, added new silicone and will be adding more silicone shortly. YAY!

Hopefully the stand will be here Sunday or Monday. I'll just slide my tank from one to the other. Atleast that's the plan.

As well as getting a new stand I'll be picking up 2 new bulbs tom. My g/f got me a gift certificate, since the LFS doesn't have gift CARDS, to the LFS. I'm thinking about grabbing a UVL 12000K and a UVL 420nm, and just keeping the 2 Current 460nm's I have now in the fixture. Hopefully making it a little more blue while still keeping the great color of my corals. Whadda think?

I think your underestimating the weight of your tank.:D
I got a feeling that sliding it over is easier said than done.Figure that saltwater weights 9 pounds per gallon,then the sand and rock.Get plenty of help before you try it.
I think you right with the lights.They should look great.

HAHAHA! Ohhhhhh no, I def. don't underestimate the weight of my tank. I've slid it around to paint the wall behind it, so I know the weight. I'll have my friend and g/f help me out for sure.

Picked up an AquaBlue and Power Chrome bulb from the LFS today, fixen to pop them in.

Here's a FTS with the new bulbs. Also, went to my favorite LFS and nabbed some orange fingered clove polyps and a Porcelain Crab. He hasn't come out yet, but I can barely see his "head" and little, feathered, feeding mandibles.

DSCN6709.jpg

DSCN6711.jpg

DSCN6712.jpg

Back