Sniffles 29G

So I took out my sump, since I've ordered a new one, and I already miss it. The surface of my water isn't looking good and I check my order day after day but it just says "ORDER SENT TO WAREHOUSE" and in parentheses it says (usually ships within 2-3 WEEKS!!!!! :shock:) and that pisses me off because my water quality is suffering without my skimmer. I have my remora nano outside, but it really doesn't perform well. Although I'm thinking about taking off the back of my overflow box and putting the pump for the remora in the inside part to skim the surface....... :frustrat::frustrat: I really don't feel like doing it, but I guess I'm gonna have too. I'm running on 2hrs of sleep so I'm not looking forwards to it, but that's another story, a completely crazy too.

PSYCH! That skimmer/overflow box thing won't work. Again, no sleep. I did a water change but the surface is still nice and nasty looking. When I think of it..... maybe I can just setup my sump OUTSIDE of my old stand, then just BUILD the new stand around it? so that I don't have to empty it out again.

Also, Dennis' build has inspired me to pickup one of those American DJ PC4 bars, to control stuff without having to physically unplug them, just switch them off. One SamAsh store has an 8 socket one for $30, and another store I called hasn't returned my call - don't ask me why the didn't just check their stock while I was one the phone, I'm dumbfounded myself. So hopefully I'll find a way to hook that all up for the new stand.

Uhhh why did you take off your sump before the new one arrived?? :)

Because there was a leak from some the silicone around the inlet of the sump. There's a 90 degree elbow PVC going into the sump, and that's where it was leaking. Thus, making the bottom board of the stand swell and fuck everything up. So I've re-siliconed and was just going to wait for the new stand but my tank is suffering.

Just hook the old sump up outside the stand,then when the new one comes in,it wont be that much trouble to empty it and move everything around.

Oh ya, pics.. sorry. My lights are off now, I'll take some tom. and post'em. I was busy finishing off some beer, Jack and Jager from new years.... still workin on it. :shock:

Just a couple of pics. First is the rico, the only 2 babies you can see are top right and bottom right, the other 2 are under the large rico, so I couldn't get a pic. Also, my hairy shroom that I believe is completely spilt, but hasn't mended itselt yet.

Also, I stopped by the LFS and picked up a neon green/yellow branching leather. It's acclimating now so I'll nab some pics after its in and opened.

DSCN6797.jpg

DSCN6799.jpg

As promised. Here are some pics of the new neon green leather. Haven't seen any polyps extending yet, but I'm sure they will tom. Also, anyone know what's up with my torch???? it's been like this for 5+ months. The tentacles have never extended past a couple of centimeters. I've almost just tossed it and bought a mature one, but then I'd feel guilty for throwing away a perfectly healthy, atleast from what I've know, animal.

I used to not really like leathers. Mainly because the first 2 I had died slow, painful deaths, but I was still a complete n00b back when I had my 10G and my water params were all of the f**king place. I asked the owner to keep her eye out for a yellow fiji leather for me. I think the yellow would be a great color addition to my tank. Also, maybe offering something else for my clowns to go rub on.

DSCN6802.jpg

DSCN6803.jpg

DSCN6804.jpg

Last edited:
There are 2 baby Rico Yumas in the pic of the large yuma. They're tiny, but they're there. One is to the right of the Yuma and the other is in the shade of the Yuma in the bottom right. I'll see if I can get a good night pic with my blue light so y'all can see all 4.

Back