Reef's 210g. Journal

they play around, i used to think one was bullying the other around but they chase each other around playing, other guys say they have problems keeping sailfins but they do great for me and yellow tang are easy. i have a spotted dragonette to get rid of in big tank with mono's, and a dragon gobie. Got these from my cousin when he got out now i think its to much on bioload for 125 so i'm catching them and getting rid of but so far i'm losing. Scopas tang is in 30 gallon right now waiting to go in 75 gallon.

I call that one fish a Banner butterfly.Those aren't reef safe though.

I'm praying these three tangs get along and do well.The Purple is the most I ever spent on one fish.

I looked at the Purple Tilefish,pretty fish but I really need to get off my lazy ass and get some kind of covering.Its a jumper,hate to lose one from my ignorance.
I'm not feeling eggrate.I saw somewhere that a plexiglass about 10'' going around the whole top was a better option.

Yeah I'm DONE with jumpers. Even with eggcrate, in the last month I've lost two $50 diamond gobies and then the tilefish. DONE I SAY, DONE!!!

I call that one fish a Banner butterfly.Those aren't reef safe though.

I'm praying these three tangs get along and do well.The Purple is the most I ever spent on one fish.

i had one for 5 months didn't hurt corals, ate algae of rocks, never knew they weren't reef safe till later

yeah, its cuz AZ is so close to the ocean.

Glad you finally decided. The powder brown, blue and achilles seem to have the same mortality rate. I would try that achilles in my 125 but with a big-a$$ Sohal there in the same family there would be death for sure. I believe the Acanthrus family to be the most aggressive tang.

As for your choice of fish, good luck to you. Get them eating nori asap to keep from HLLE and spirulina for the immune system.

BTW I found out the name of that large coral you asked for, it is a merulina ampliata. pretty cool coral, check one out.

-Doc

Thanks everyone,

Biff you really should be ordering online more often.Thats outrageous for a tilefish.Heck,I went ahead an order my tangs online because the LFS here is asking $150 for a Purple Tang.Thats outrageous especially for a two and a half inch one.

Doc,the Achilles was out of stock so I went ahead with a Powder Brown.I will check into that Merulina something,unique looking coral btw.Something I never even seen at the big fish stores in Nashville.

Can't wait til tomorrow morning.

show us the pics when you get them....I am excited to see them. I love pretty fishies!!

-Doc

I don't mind supporting a local business when it comes to livestock. I like my LFS, and they do me a lot of favors. So I'll happily shell out extra cash to know that I'm getting a high quality fish.

Biff, I agree with you about the LFS support. They are so willing to do me favors with fish and stuff. Shoot, I have a running tab I can set up with one of my LFS. I can buy a fish and pay over time - no interest :mrgreen:

-Doc

Its because your a doctor Doc,fish stores always kiss up to doctors and attorneys.I believe I mentioned this before,can't remember?I support my LFS,just don't charge me $150 for a 2'' purple when online its $80.Heck,I did buy the Bartletts from them.

I have picks tomorrow,they will be here before 10:30am.....or at least it better.

Guess who just got Barletts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo-Whoo!!!

I will post pics tomorrow. I got four of them and they seemed to be interested in food already. they were eating at the fish store and I put them in just before lights out today. They are SOOOO pretty. Gosh Dominick, I am sorry to hijack your thread, but I was just so excited I wanted to tell you on a place you would see. I also found...guess what? Yup you guessed it, the bi-colored lobo. It is a piece that needs some healing, but TOTALLY worth it. I have not seen one for a year.

-Doc

Congrats on hijacking my thread,I think?

More female Barlett's will be next for me.I'll check your thread out.

On a side note,Liveaquaria didn't sent everything.They sent me an email stating that the whole shipment wasn't fulfilled.So much for adding all the tangs at once.They didn't mention what was left out though.I hope it was the Tiger Queen.

I don't mine the acclimation.I wanted to introduce all the tangs at the same time.Maybe less fighting that way.They could of at least tell me what has been shipped.

Doc,I never knew Bartletts were such hyper ass fish.I get exhausted watching them but they are so pretty.No wonder they need to be feed several times a day.

Back