Reef's 210g. Journal

Dont question your buy man it is still a good tank.
It is a 1 in a million Fluke that happened to you!
Imagine the Story you now have for your TOTM win.

Starphire = awesome.... Such good looking tanks.. Whenever I get a new house, I will build a new reef into a wall/room/closet somewhere use a all glass.

McGyver make sure you don't get an All-Glass.Seriously,I do still think they are decent tanks for the money but they are no Oceanic.I'm going to accept that it was just a manufacturers defect that happens with all mass market products.I'm just that one that got that defective product.

Actually there overflow design is exactly the same as AGA except for there Tech Series tanks.I know they sell T5 and MH fixtures,I don't know how good they are.They look nice and sleek though.If they are anything like there tanks then I'm sure its a quality fixture.

Biff, are you afraid to handle me all alone? You need to call in reinforcements? Just for little ol' me?

-Dr Marco :sfish:

after your experience reef, I will be going Oceanic for my big tank.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

That would be a wise choice Doc,pay a little extra for quality not to mention there life time warranty.

My Oceanic 75g.-10+ years old and no problems.
My AGA-2 months old and busted.

I'm going to give it one more shot with an AGA.They are sending a new 210g. and stand.It will be here in about a week and a half.Too long if you ask me.I'd could of gone with a 180 instead and it would of been here Tuesday BUT,I wanted to get what I paid for and that was a 210g. oak trim.

i like the 180's, when i get a bigger house i'm doing a 180 for a reef and my 125 for fish only tank since all the beautiful fish are aggressive. Hate to see what all the moisture would do though, seen big tanks almost rust out peoples basements.

Damn Reef, I just read about your mishap. That sucks the big one. I am glad you are staying with the hobby.You would go nuts without it, I know I would. It would have been stupid to quit the hobby. I meen you have the best T5 setup and that is still working well...

I would of gone with the 180 if they would of refunded the difference in price but it was a no go.I still like the 210 better because I'm becoming a big fan of anthias and like the way they swim over the top of the reef.This week and a half is going to feel like eternity.

tell me about been a week ago i ordered my lights from premium aquatics and all tx5 are backordered till end of month. So i got my tank stand return pump and getting sump this weekend and plumbing and gonna have to wait to get tank running. I'm gonna go nuts waiting.

Good to hear you are not giving up Freak. I was really worried about you. Going through something like this is such a setback, but you will get through it just fine.

That's good news man.
Is AGA gonna do anything for the hassel

If you don't count the stand then no.There isn't any written warranty on the stand but they were gracious enough to replace it.In all honestly there isn't really anything wrong with the old stand(it is treated)but I'm feeling a bit paranoid.I guess I could of ask for a canopy but what would I do with it?Its not like the Aquactinics are going to fit in it anyways.What I really should do is sell the new tank/stand that is coming in and get an Oceanic instead.Right now,I don't have the $1000 premium to get an Oceanic.

Back