My ever coninuing questions thread...

Hahaha! Glad you are switching expensive habits! Fish and corals are so much cooler than clothing! Well, at least in my opinion. Then again, I am impressed if a guy just has a job... Eh. What can I say, I guess I'm not that picky ;)

Should I put some marine snow in my tank? see if anything wants to eat it? Ive got 4 pulsing xenia that kenya weed, and my new frogspawn. Im just anxious to open the bottle and see what this stuff is like mainly... It says on the bottle it wont contaminate water...

Haha, found a nice pic in my aquarium ones from one night. Anyone know how to piss off your girlfriend? Grab her size 0-1 jeans and put them on.
Aquarium035.jpg

The royal gramma (yet to be named) made an appearance for a quick photoshoot. I love the coloring on this guy!
Aquarium191.jpg

Aquarium189.jpg

Some other bored photography from earlier.
How can you not say hes cute. Just look into his eye!
Aquarium185.jpg

The earlier mentioned "swimming" of the horseshoe crab:
Aquarium182.jpg

And all of my fish in 1 shot at the same time! All a big happy family.
Aquarium192.jpg

Your tanks looking good. I can't believe you have more fish in your tank then I do. All I have are two clowns. Any other fish I bought ended up in fish heaven. So I stopped buying any.

I'm sorry for your loss! I think im set fish wise until further notice... I think my cycle went so good because no one in this town buy saltwater fish or anything except maybe 2 others besides my self, so all the live rock had been cured for 8 months already... My parameters have been testing great and all the fish seem to be really happy.

Keep your chin up, Piggy! Things will get better for you. Your tank is just going through a "breaking in" period.

Not to hijack your thread, Cory, but Piggy, this isn't something I would normally advise trying, but have you tried NOT quarantining your new fish?

I think im gunna feed the death star a little more smelt... Im worried about the gramma, he was hiding in the exact same cave as the star!! I was freaking out, but then he emerged a little later.

Keep your chin up, Piggy! Things will get better for you. Your tank is just going through a "breaking in" period.

Not to hijack your thread, Cory, but Piggy, this isn't something I would normally advise trying, but have you tried NOT quarantining your new fish?

No I haven't. I thought about it though. But I'm afraid to. My corals are doing great.

Biff might be onto something there.
Piggy,Just make sure you pick healthy fish.And try acclimating straight to your Dtank.

My friend just stopped up, and I mentioned I wanted to pick up an RO unit in Rheinlander for my fish tank water and he was like oh, we have RO water at work... which happens to be 1/4 of a mile down the road. He said there is a huge thing that triple filters the water for all the water they use at starbucks. Seems odd to me, but he said I can bring down some jugs and steal some anytime hes working.
And in other news this morning: my frogspawn opened up more than ever and now looks amazing! I dont know if it was cause I gave it some marine snow in a little dropper or because last night it actually closed up when it went to bed, which it didnt do the first night. Who knows but it looks awesome now!
Here is a shot from last night before the main lights went out, under just the atinics:
Aquarium193.jpg

And here is today.
Aquarium203.jpg

Back