My ever coninuing questions thread...

When he sold it to me he also said it looked like it was starting to split a little bit, which would be cool. I could thoroughly enjoy a tank filled with this stuff

I just thawed a chunk of smelt for the starfish, he loved it, wow! As soon as I got near his lair he stuck out some tentacles and swiped it from my hand... Gotta get ready for work now, later guys!

Yeah, so there is 37 people viewing the newbies to reefing section, but there hasnt been a post for me to read ALL NIGHT. I read them all, I even moved onto the big boy section for a while in the reef section. Lets get some conversation going, im bored, friday night sitting around staring at my aquarium.
Yeah, so before I left for work my blue legged hermit tore some sort of clam off a rock, is that normal? I saw him fall off the rock with this tiny little scalop type of clam shell in his clutches and then he dropped it and let it go.
Otherwise what else has happened this exciting night. My horseshoe crab was attempting to swim again... silly crab. Hes not a very good swimmer and he just bounces around from powerhead to powerhead until he sinks.
In other news, my royal gramma I got today is being very shy, i hope he comes out soon... He's way too colorful to hide all the time...

For some reason,those horseshoes like to ride the current.Kinda cool to watch em.

Its normal for royal grammas to hide untill they feel comfortable.They also like to hunt through the rock for bugs and worms.
Get some pics when you can.

Just keep hitting "refresh" -- someone will post something eventually ;)

Why are you sitting around on a Friday night? I'm grading 240 papers right now for the class I teach, want to help? ;) It sucks. Reading the same thing over and over and over again. But I am going out with a friend a little bit later. In a couple hours.

That sounds normal for hermits. They are scavengers, they eat what they can get their little mitts on.

I have a coral beauty angel that I am LUCKY to see pop out of the rocks once a week. I have maybe seen that fish three times since I bought it a month ago. And always just for a split second. Makes me mad.

Ive had it on the main page refreshing every so often just waiting, someone has to say something, but after a few hours I watched "Lets go to prison" and then came back, still nothing!

I teach Introduction to Environmental Science to freshmen and sophomores at the University of Arizona. Shaping and molding young minds, yessirree!!!!

You have a coral beauty? Hows that compare to the flame angel? I saw the one the LFS got in today and i LOVE it. But im thinking it wont be safe for my tank, holy crap gramma just popped out looked around and went back. Friday nights excitement! I normally go out on monday and wednesday nights for some reason, weekends just dont appeal to me at bars around here. Too many stupid drunk inbreds trying to start fights with any/everyone...

Flames and coral beautys are about the same except for color.Both are great fish,you just have to watch em around soft and LPS corals.

BTW
Sounds like my kind of bars.

Lol. I dont mind going out when a few of my friends are with. I mean im 125 lbs on a good day and I wear designer clothing, so the people around this town dont really take well to it unless they know me.

I like it, I'm so close to their age that it's weird to fit in the "teacher" role, I feel more like a peer to them. I'm pretty young for what I do, but I joke around enough and try to make the class fun. Sometimes, I see my students at the bar I go to! Then I have to play it cool...

Lol, we had one of "THOSE" teacher at my highschool, he would show up at parties and shit and drink with students (lol. jk too) by one of those guys if you mean, no im not gay!! I just really like shopping and the finer things in life. I guess it really makes you stand out here, but in Chicago I feel I'm safer walking around on the streets...

No, I didn't mean gay, I know you have a girlfriend! Just wearing designer clothes... Seems... I don't know... frivolous? I don't mean to offend. I guess I just like my men "rugged" or whatever!! Spend your money on ME, not on fancy jeans!!! :p Maybe it's because I hate shopping and don't wear anything that comes with a label.

I don't drink WITH my students! But sometimes I see them out at the same places I am. I'm only 24. Some of them are my age or older.

To me before my saltwater aquarium all started the shopping was my main hobby after playing with car. Since the aquarium came I havent bought any Italian jeans...

Back