Little Fish's 46

Thanks, but I worry about where they will all go when they get bigger!

My absolutely fantastic boyfriend took great care of tank while I was gone and everything is looking great, but I think I lost a chromis. So now I am down to two and I worry that will be end of the peace between the chromis, so Im going to have to figure out what to do about them. hmmmm....

Thanks, but I worry about where they will all go when they get bigger!

My absolutely fantastic boyfriend took great care of tank while I was gone and everything is looking great, but I think I lost a chromis. So now I am down to two and I worry that will be end of the peace between the chromis, so Im going to have to figure out what to do about them. hmmmm....

So you're saying not only is he a master parallel parker, he is also a master tank sitter? :mrgreen:

Thanks amber! when are you going to post more pictures of your seahorses? I am dying to see them so I can live vicariously though them :)

I will post some pics and a video tomorrow then!! They are such sweeties. I am planning to order a couple more soon. I think they were flirting all last week but I dont think they did the do. I think the male was interested and the female had a headache cause she just ran from him the whole time LOL

I am glad cause I really dont want babies. I asked them for 2 females and they still sent a pair. :grumble:

hahaha, that is funny. Although I still think they were a really bad first fish choice, I really love them and I cant wait to set up another seahorse tank. I am so glad to hear yours are doing well! They really are some of the most amazing creatures to me :D

hahaha, that is funny. Although I still think they were a really bad first fish choice, I really love them and I cant wait to set up another seahorse tank. I am so glad to hear yours are doing well! They really are some of the most amazing creatures to me :D

Why do you think they were a bad fish choice? Its funny because everyone was going on and on about how delicate and slow they are and that they need their own tank all by themselves and I havent found that to be true at all! I turn off my power heads when I feed just drop the mysis in the water and they go flying around eating them just like the other fish no issues.

I tried the tube and feeding station, it would get so disgusting and slimy so I said forget that. I have to admit I love the horses but my pipefish are the bomb. I will be ordering another pair of those I wish they had different colors!

Just because I think they require a little bit more time than the average reef fish, i had a hard time being home often enough to feed them properly, I also was trying to get the hang of keeping good water quality and all of that stuff. However I think my biggest problem was that I had them in a tank that was too big and they were lonely but I didnt have enough money to buy more. It was a whole to process.

Ok, tiny update!

Just a few photos I snapped up tonight while working on the science fair tank. You can see the GSP is finally coming back now that I have my alk all sorted out. But the polyps still dont extend much, which sucks, but that might just be how it is now.

I also added another fish, after promising myself I wouldnt. But this tank breed beauty is one that I have been looking for some time now.

Also exciting news is that I scored a mini internship with one of the top reefing/service company in Denver. He does 45 day QT for all his fish and knows how to use all the different medications, dosing, treatment etc. I am really really really really excited to learn from him.

DSC_0036-1.jpg

DSC_0041-2.jpg

DSC_0052_2_2.jpg

His name is Bazinga!

Ok, tiny update!

I also added another fish, after promising myself I wouldnt. But this tank breed beauty is one that I have been looking for some time now.

Also exciting news is that I scored a mini internship with one of the top reefing/service company in Denver. He does 45 day QT for all his fish and knows how to use all the different medications, dosing, treatment etc. I am really really really really excited to learn from him.

DSC_0041-2.jpg

Just finished readingyour whole thread - Wow! Great story from the sea horse days through the clowns and the six line wrasses.
I love this one above. Great photo and gorgeous little blennie.

Back