Little Fish's 46

Here are some updated tank shots. Im still playing around with the lighting, Im having trouble finding a look I like. Im thinking about replacing this purple plus bulb with another super blue bulb, to make the colors pop a bit more.

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0147-2.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0132-1.jpg

Look at me mother f*ckers, im king of the hill!
DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0097-1.jpg

DSC_0089-1.jpg

DSC_0080-1.jpg

Ya, the GSP is opening more. Turns out both my alk and calc tests were bad, and my levels were way off. Now that we are fixing that problem, its coming out more. However my concern is that my system is getting to be too low of nutrient to support it, but ill see if fixing the calc/alk does the trick first.

I realize the stupid answer to this question, but how does your tank look so full? It's packed with corals and stuff but it's only a 46 gallon and it looks really big. The FTS is one of my favorite reef pics of all time I really love it. How long did it take to get that nice coraline and did you use any purple up? Also do you have a background behind it? It looks kinda dark (which is kewl).

I realize the stupid answer to this question, but how does your tank look so full? It's packed with corals and stuff but it's only a 46 gallon and it looks really big. The FTS is one of my favorite reef pics of all time I really love it. How long did it take to get that nice coraline and did you use any purple up? Also do you have a background behind it? It looks kinda dark (which is kewl).

I think it's her rockwork...

And I know she'd never use purple up, since it's pretty useless.

Hey lil fish, what camera are you using?

Im using a nikon D5000, which I got at costco for $800 with two lenses, and I love it!

I think the tank looks much bigger than it actually is because of how I took the photo, in real life its pretty tiny and PACKED! I have become and expert in making sure everyone has space to grow and breath. But the secret to good aquascaping is to have lots of different levels, its pleasing to the eye and gives more room to place frags because you have a most of the mounds to place frags instead of one face.

And purple up is crap, just keep up good water quality, that will always be the secret to having amazing coral growth.

Back