Eric's 65-Gallon Project!

I only have one fish so I don't feed him a lot of food.. and no I didnt use tap water... I use the water from the Glacier Machines at Walmart nd Publix

Phosphate is high, but it won't be harmful for now. It means that you will likely have more algae problems. Next time you buy water from that water machine, test it for phosphate when you get it home. You may need to switch to a different water machine if it is starting off high. If the new water is okay, then it's getting into your tank somehow.

scrub your rocks with a toothbrush, even if you don't have any hair algae present on the rock, it'll still knock anything that might become algae. Then do a 10-15% water change. Doing water changes will consistently bring down your phosphates. Since your tank is relatively new, it's prob. just the die off from the LR.

Also, your tank is going through the "new tank algae cycle", so look forwards to more algae. :) Don't let it discourage you. If you fight the good fight you'll eventually win and not really have to worry bout it again.

Last edited:
Ok... So I did another test and here are the results.

Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 3ppm
PH - 8ppm

Calcium - 520ppm
KH - 161ppm
Phosphate - 3ppm

everything looks good but you are going to have huge alage problems with the po4 at 3ppm. it is all soaked into the rock and will take some time for it to all leach out just keep up on water changes and it will go away. you can also get some GFO and run in a reactor and it will also soak up the po4

Im pretty sure that damsel will make you want to pull your hair out...catch it before it decides to be the king (evil dictator) of the tank.

Tank looks fantastic!

Thanks guys....

I did another test today and here are the results.

Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 3ppm
PH - 7.8ppm

Calcium - 500ppm
KH - 196ppm
Phosphate - 5ppm

do water change, and check you phosphates of the new water before you add it. your phosphates are climbing, which is really weird. Also, your pH is pretty low... did you take this in the morning/soon after the lights first come on? or after the lights had been on a while?

What are you feeding your fish?

I'm currently mixing 14 gallos of water with salt to do a water change. I did the test right after I turn on the lights like around 10am

I only have one fish and is a yellowtail damsel. I feed him frozen food. I don't rennet the name of the food, when I get home I'll take a look at it.

Ok, the pH isn't so bad for an early morning test, I suppose. Still, I'd want to get some buffer and boost it up if it's still that low right after the lights come on tomorrow, after the water change.

Are you adding any additives to your tank? dechlorinator or stress solutions or supplements?

7.8 is fine for a test done in the morning. Next time check it at night after the lights have been on all day -- the pH should be higher then.

Hey Guys, I just tested the PH after the lights being all day on and it's still at 7.8.... I did a 14gallon water change today? would that have anything to do with it being low?

Hey guys. Look at my new addition to the tank.. A pair of Ocellaris Clown Fish.

Attachments

• Ocellaris Clown Fish 11:18:096.jpg
    Ocellaris Clown Fish 11:18:096.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 218
  • Ocellaris Clown Fish 11:18:097.jpg
    Ocellaris Clown Fish 11:18:097.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 227
Back