Biff's 90 Gallon Downgrade

I picked up 3 1/2 new things today from a guy in town that is tearing down his 220. Everything was absolutely covered in algae and aiptasia. It was crazy! I picked up a weird leather. It is thin and ruffled like a cabbage, but has long colorful polyps and the shape of a toadstool. It's weird. I also picked up a frag of armor of god palys, and a decent sized green favites rock (about tennis ball sized). The 1/2 coral is because the weird leather had a thumbnail-sized baby next to it, and I got that too.

The only thing is... The favites rock has about 30 aiptasia on it! So I smothered it in Aiptasia X when I got it home. Now I'm going to wait a couple hours and zap any survivors that come out. The amount of aiptasia in this tank was incredible!

You know how much stuff I buy off of Craigslist.. Sometimes I walk into these houses and think do I even want to take any of this stuff?:D I've been lucky so far.

Thank you, Nurse Wade! There are a lot of corals in my tank that came as a "package deal" when I bought out the entire contents of the tank of a guy that was tearing the whole thing down. You know, ones that I wouldn't have necessarily picked out myself when coral shopping. If need be, I am not afraid to take them out and find them a new home. Cough, cough, I'm looking at you, seven colonies of seven different colors of candy canes...

Maybe I will post some frags for sale here. I have some stuff that grows quickly and is nice looking -- perfect for a newbie tank. I'd send some of that stuff for free, just pay for shipping.

only if you send in some more of that good honey you sent me for secret santa a few years back... that was goood...

Ahhh I remember that! It was cactus honey, wasn't it? When you get back to the US, give me your address. I'll be happy to send you some.

pics pics pics pic pics pics pics pics pics pic pics pics pics pics pics pic pics pics pics pics pics pic pics pics pics pics pics pic pics pics pics pics pics pic pics pics

Doooo eeeeet!

Hrmm, im to new to understand the flying monkeys analogy? lol but I do like monkeys :D

Back