What is next...?

Wow!!! :shock: That is huge!!!!!!!! :shock: Better not grow that big in my tank!:shock: That would scare me like no tomorow!!:shock:

I had an 8 inch bristleworm in my tank once. They are good for your tank (and I can guarantee that you'll have some in your live rock) but when they get to be about 6 inches long, I try to take them out because they look kinda gross :(

Purple Up won't work without the correct lighting (since it promotes the growth of coralline algae), and if you are doing large water changes while your rock cures it would be a waste to add all those chemicals. In fact, it is debated whether those chemicals are needed at all for any tanks. Some people say that regular water changes will replenish any elements you need in your tank. It is also possible to overdose on those additives.

I'd recommend that you not put anything in your tank that you can't test for. That way you will know if you are adding too little or too much, and too much can hurt your tank inhabitants. Calcium is definitely important, and if you add it to your tank you need a calcium test, but that is the only additive I put in my tank.

Hey sxybeemer I was just curious ....how much does live rock cost in Canada. Here in if we buy from a store we pay anywhere from $8.99 a pound to $15.99 a pound. The 8.99 not very good looking.

Hum.. Well.. i definetely need to go buy the water test kits for the PH, Ammonia nitrite, nitrates, calcium.. and so on.....

I guess i will stick with the water changes for now.... As I didn t received anything to put in my water yet.. just ordered it this morning online.... So I should wait until the rocks are cured to add te purple up..... All you said really makes sens now..... i didn't know you could overdose with the supplements!! lol... I guess I ll be carefull...

How do you put pictures on this thing???

I found creepy little creatures on one of my rock. Took some ictures of it.. See if anyone can tell me what this is...???

Thanx!!!

100_1565.JPG

100_1556.JPG

100_1553.JPG

100_1543.JPG

Lets see if it is working... here is a couple pix of my tank.. Lol... yeah i know.. Still need a background.... Just kept the old fresh water background on it as my LFS was out of Black backgrounds... Anyhow, Can you people see the little orange things.. ABout as big as a grain of rice.... And it is a orangy.. brownish color.... I found that on one of my rock.... Seems like live stuff.. Anyone knows what this is...???:shock:

Jermpool,

I payed 8.99 per pound at my local fish store (Big al's).

Then i just ordered another 50 lbs from Oceanpro Aquatics, Inc.
Don't really know what this rock will look like, but we'll see when it comes... I plan to get it covered with coralline as well as corals.... So it dosn't really matter if it is not the greatest of all looking rocks... But I just attached some pix of my tank(work in progress) on Page 5 I beleive, so check it out....

ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IS THE LITTLE THINGS ON MY ROCKS??? PLEASE LOOK AT THE PIX......:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

HI, Yes, I checked the 2 websites and I coudn't find my creepy creatures. Last night, I looked at it and it was all gone!!!! Hum.. I guess this is a mystery creepy thing... It looked alive, but it looked like it was attached to the rock.... I don't know.. Weird stuff.... Hum.. Well.... My other 50 lbs of rocks is getting delivered to me on wenesday.... I might find some more creepy creatures on there.... lol... I'll keep all of you posted..!!

Thank you for all of your help!!!

Haha... No new creatures yet...... Everything is going well I beleive...Made a water change 2 nights ago. I wanted to add the Kent Marine Liquic Calcium but Bifferwine told me to test my calcium after I add it.... Well, i have a calcium test but still haven t figured out how it works!!!!!!!!!!!???????????lol..

calcium tests are simple but time consuming you add regent one and two mix it up should be pink, add one drop of regent 3 mix it add another mix it and so on keep repeating the add 1 drop and mix untill it turns violet (purple) count each drop you add when it turns purple multiply the number of drops used by 20 to get your total should be around 400-425 mainly meaning its going to take 20-23 drops if not, your going to need to add calcium. Make sense?

Mine goes from pink to orange. Then you multiply however many drops you added by 50 to get the calcium level. Every test will be different, it depends on what brand you have. What brand did you buy?

Hum.. DOn t have a clue of what brand I bought.. but I know it turns from pink to purple.. just didn't understand the concept..... But now, i have a better idea... Hum.. I guess I will try and test it now.... Attempt #1 !!! LMAO!!! I also found another creepy thing on my rock... Don t have a clue of what this is... I ll post a pic later on tonight or tomorow ;).

Thank you to all!!!!

Back