Skimmer pump is almost dead

I have heard of that uv thing. I'll have to look into them. I guess first things first. Get an extra tank and some plexiglass and silicone. Then a skimmer and a uv thing.
Thanks again.
Any suggestions on a good inexpensive uv thing? What do they usually run you?

to make sure it is effective. I recommend getting a UV that is rated for a tank twice as big as your tank. So if the package says it is a 9 watt, rated for 125 gallons, get an 18watt. For some reason, they tend to be a lot weaker than the rating says.

A good sterlizer will cost you between $125 and "up". The pump is extra, they are always extra. damn hobby.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

to make sure it is effective. I recommend getting a UV that is rated for a tank twice as big as your tank. So if the package says it is a 9 watt, rated for 125 gallons, get an 18watt. For some reason, they tend to be a lot weaker than the rating says.

A good sterlizer will cost you between $125 and "up". The pump is extra, they are always extra. damn hobby.

If they icluded pumps Dr, we would all end up with cheap pumps so they could keep costs down. Then these pumps would fail and :shocking:

Also alot of people dont use UV at all I dont think it is a necesity just an option

Brian

I agree that pumps are important, but even the less than awesome ones last for two years. that has been my experience. Maybe I just got lucky.

As far as UV goes, the more fragile the fish, the more you need one. I like them for the clarity the water gets with them. I like tangs, so I have to have one. Just my :twocents:. It is up to each person how they want to run things. If you are not interested in one, by all means, don't spend the money. I am all about matching your tank needs with equipment. Nothing is worse than spending money on things that don't benefit your specific tank.

Makes perfect sense. I'll need better lights before that I believe. I have only 260 watts of pc lighting now. Barely enough for some soft coral. Only have fish and rock now so I am good....

Back