Reef's 210g. Journal

Clown triggers are super cool but they grow really,really big.I had to google Blue Jaw Trigger,wowee!,awesome looking trigger.A Picasso or Blue Jaw,lionfish and eel-sounds like a good plan to me.I'm excited,210,what 210!

Those clown triggers grow to over a foot and a half Fish.The others stay well under a foot so I'll stick to those.I wonder how fast a clown grows?I forgot how cheap triggers are.Man,I'm going to get one.

I was also thinking about a combination of butterflyfish for your tank. An addonis Butterfly or a racoon would look neat with a bluejaw trigger (I have had one and they are really cool - that would be my vote), a radiata lionfish and the eel. I am posting a new thread in the reef photo section of my work eel today - look for it and see if you like the white-eyed moray. They get about 20" is all. Great eels. They are out all the time too, they tend not to hide.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I'll check the thread out.

I almost forgot about butterfly fishes.Don't you think a trigger,butterfly,lionfish and eel will be too much?I was thinking of skipping the lion and going with the Angel you mentioned earlier.

ah, in that case, skip the lion and go with the eel (count as 10 inches) , Blue Ring (8inches), Blue Jaw (7inches), and a bitterfly (6 inches). that give you about 30 inches, and that will be pushing it, but managable. Remember, that is full grown and that takes YEARS. I say go for it.

A bitterfly,huh?
The list you made sounds good.Thats what I'll do whenever I get the 210 up and running again.I'm glad I didn't sell the sump and skimmer for the 75.

A frogfish,is that like an Angler?
I think they would bore me to death after a while.I mean they don't swim or anything or do they.In my head,all I see is it sitting there waiting for a meal to come close to its lure.

A frogfish,is that like an Angler?
I think they would bore me to death after a while.I mean they don't swim or anything or do they.In my head,all I see is it sitting there waiting for a meal to come close to its lure.

Your right on the money Reef.
The frogfish I've seen at Bermuda are a royal pain in the ass to feed.Most wont touch anything thats not alive.

I'll eventually start another thread for the 75g FOWLR.No,I'm going to keep this thread for the 210,everything is going back in anyways.Hopefully,this time I can get the aquascaping just right.

here ya go ReefFreek I made you a Sig untill you get your tank back

broketank.jpg

Last edited:
that was mean, taking advantage of his grief (snicker......) for an exploitative laugh.....:bounce:. OK, it was damn funny.

Back