Reef's 210g. Journal

Doc this is a question for you or anyone else with an AGA tank and stand.

Everyone knows the bottom seal started leaking.I was wondering if others who have AGA stands if this is how your tank is supported.My tank was only supported on the two ends and the middle(shown by the white arrows) instead of the whole parameters of the bottom trim.

2108160.jpg

humm... yeah my stand (perfecto mind you) has 3 supports spaced out in the center. So I have supports on eack edge, and quarters and center make sence?

Lion,you have corner overflows,right?Where you added the additional brace is where my overflows and bulkheads stick downwards at.

I had emailed AGA and they said that the tank should of supported the weight.The bottom trim according to them has built in braces as well as the bottom of the tank,three braces running across a matter of fact.Maybe I should add 4 more braces,two on opposite side of the overflows.I hate to modify a stand,it could make it worst by distributing the weight unevenly.I'm just so paranoid that this is going to happen again.

I was wondering,does the bottom of your tank has these cross braces?
I'm going to guess these braces on the bottom of the tank is why I don't have the two added braces on the stand like yours.

2108167.jpg

my 125 stand does not have any support beams that touch the bottom of the tank. the tank has two supports that go across the bottom of the tank. the tank sits on the stand all around the frame, but the bottom of the tank doesn't touch a thing. weird huh? there are two supports about 4 inches down from the bottom of the tank that support the sides of the stand, but that is it

-Doc

Thanks you two.
I'm just going to leave the new tank and stand as is.Hopefully it was just a fluke or so help me AGA will get a lawsuit on there hands.

Yeah man I have not heard of AGA having problems in the past.
I mean hell you could have spent alot less money on a Glass cages tank and had the same problem.

I'd say it's a Fluke.

sorry im late to this thread freak...that was some bad ass luck..your the man freak..in no time youll have another amazing reek tank..can only imagine your frustration at that moment..good luck next time!!

I would just toss a sheet of 3/4" pressure treated plywood over the top and toss in a few screws. When you are talking about that much weight I think every lil bit helps to try to distribute the weight over the entire stands. Just my :twocents:

That was going to be my original plan Mcgyver but if I screw anything down then I would void the warranty.They would know because they are picking up the old tank and stand.

I would just place the plywood on there no screws .
That would without a doubt help support . there would be no screws there for no voided waranty, What do ya think 1/2 in. ply.

hell you could even make it using the old stand as a template.
that way that part is don and out of the way.

That would work, didnt think about the void of warranty, just place it on ther and that would do fine... 1/2" good, 3/4" just a lil more rigid, havent seen 1/2" pressure treated before, maybe at depot or lowes...

I would just place the plywood on there no screws .
That would without a doubt help support . there would be no screws there for no voided waranty, What do ya think 1/2 in. ply.

Might be a little late,But I'd go with 3/4 marine plywood.

Do you guys think the 3/4 would put the Tanks bottom molding above the trim on the stand . I know he has the eleet stand. and a big part of that stand is that it has the extra tall trim to Camo the plastic on the tank?

that was my whole thinking on the 1/2 in. ply vs. the 3/4 If the trim dont show reef go with the 3/4 for sure.

Back