night watching....

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I figured I'd grab a flashlight and take a look at the new tank just for shits and giggles. Well I was pleasantly surprised to find all sorts of neat little pods booting around, which I really hadn't expected in a 4 month old 180! Then I went over to the 46, which I probably hadn't looked at in the evening since the tank was about two months old. I always figured it to be devoid of life, especially after my sleeper goby kicked it. There was crap everywhere! My nicest surprise was finding a 2" diameter brittle star, I have no idea how long he's been around or when I picked him up, I've never seen him before. Anyways, its always neat to grab a flashlight and check out your tank at night

Night watching is probably my favorite part of having the tank.Plus it gives you an idea of just how well its doing.

Night watching is probably my favorite part of having the tank.Plus it gives you an idea of just how well its doing.

Same here. You can really get absorbed in it and before you know it, more time has passed than you realize. I love watching my cardinals at night, they are so active.

Just wait till you reach in the tank to move a rock,and find an urchin you dont know is there:D
It'll amaze you at just how long some hitch hikers can stay hidden.

My wife thinks I'm nuts because I'll spend as much time looking at the tank in the dark as I do with the lights on.

Cool find with the brittle star!

My wife thinks I'm nuts because I'll spend as much time looking at the tank in the dark as I do with the lights on.

Cool find with the brittle star!

You should have seen the look on my wifes face when she caught me watching with the NVS on my AR.:mrgreen:
She about called the law.:shock:

Back