New sump pump

If the pump is submersed, you dont need to prime it. If you are using it external, make sure it is below the water level and once you get it primed, the syphon will draw water back into it.

However, I have used one of these pumps and it really doesnt produce much flow with a head height of 4 feet or so. That 296gph is at 0 feet height. Also, the adaptor for the pipe thread on the intake leaked on mine.

I prefer Danner mag drive pumps over quiet one pumps.

Based on your overflow, you want to match the pump with that size the best you can.

I have a mag 7 on my return. My overflow is rated at 600gph and the mag 7 is rated at 700gph at 0 head height.

That chart is stating its max height and max GPH. The max height is 6.1ft at 0 GPH and the max flow is 296gph at 0ft

Click on the "More Information" tab. The then look at the chart for the 1200. At 4ft, there is about 200 gph so at 3 1/2 feet, the gph would be a little more than that.

What is your overflow rated at? You want to match the pump as best you can with that number.

ok i got it now lol sorry. i have a CPR CS50, its rated at 300GPH.

i was looking at a mag drive 5 pump, that one is rated at 500GPH and with a headloss of 3 1/2 ft it said there will be 315GPH flowrate. i found a headloss calc on google.

will this one be ok?

thank you very much for the help

Back