Kman's tank

So I have added another 35lbs of rock and my cleaning crew is going to town.. Hopefully my QT tank will be up and running by next week and we'll be getting ready to add my first fish to my tank by the end of the month.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 241
Welp current readings are as follows.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 10ppm
PH: 8.0
Temp: 78-80F

Though since the last time i've posted.. i had one heck of a time with my overflow.. snails were trapped inside my overflow box because two snuck in and hung out even though i sealed them in not knowing.. Then i saw the 2 in there and saw a TON of eggs inside my overflow box.. I took off the overflow box and remade it and reattached it.. now everything is good to go.

Looks good! And snails tend to do that, good thing you found them before you had a big disaster :)

Well it was a big disaster to replace that with the tank half full! Silicone wouldn't set so i just went with marine grade epoxy and it set up perfect and is solid as a rock.

Well, this week my QT should be all set up and such and yes i'm very thankful that I got that overflow fixed. I've noticed though my chaeto hasn't been growing, any thoughts to why? my refugium light comes on during the night time, and i've noticed a brown film on it as well. I'll have to snag a picture of it tonight

Is there enough current flowing through the chaeto? It should be gently tumbling. Also, you can probably leave that light on all the time. You don't really need to be concerned about algae growth because you'd rather it grow there than the DT anyway.

Also, chaeto won't grow if there aren't any nitrates to soak up. What's your nitrate history like?

Is there enough current flowing through the chaeto? It should be gently tumbling. Also, you can probably leave that light on all the time. You don't really need to be concerned about algae growth because you'd rather it grow there than the DT anyway.

Also, chaeto won't grow if there aren't any nitrates to soak up. What's your nitrate history like?

My sump tank has a water line on it, and i do see particulates floating about, i'll get a close up picture of my sump tonight. I've always wondered if it needed more flow, and it probably does. I might have to make a mini spray bar that comes off of my skimmer that will create a good flow.. I'll start leaving my fuge light on and see what it does from there. Thanks for the tip! - OH and my nitrates have been hanging around 10-20ppm

Last edited:
Well here are my most recent levels. So far since then i've added 2 clown fish and a clown goby and all of them are doing great :)

2x Clowns = Brangelina
Clown Goby = Bozo the Clown Goby :)

Here are my most recent levels.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 10ppm
PH: 8.0
Temp: 78-80f
Calcium: 440ppm
Alkalinity: 8dKH/146.2ppm/KH
Phosphates: 0.25ppm

I know I need to get my phosphates down to 0, so I cleaned up my tank and siphon'd a bunch of gunk from the bottom of the DT and in my Sump. I will retest tomorrow

I'm not sure, the test was more towards 0.. but i couldn't really tell.. So i'm going to test again once my tank settles in the morning

There really isnt a phosphate test on the market we could pay for I would trust the results. If you have an algae problem, i would just assume you have a phosphate problem as well

Phosphate tests are more like a positive or negative. If you're getting a reading you probably have some, but the first priority would be to identify where they're coming from.
Water or rocks or something else you're putting in the tank possibly?

Phosphate tests are more like a positive or negative. If you're getting a reading you probably have some, but the first priority would be to identify where they're coming from.
Water or rocks or something else you're putting in the tank possibly?

I haven' added anything for about 3-5 weeks. Only thing i added was the fish

Well i tested the phosphates again today and they were 0. Although I am getting green algae on some of my rocks

So i'm the owner of a Rose BTA, I got him from a friend who was moving and had a major catastrophe when he movers moved his tank (it was empty) and they dropped it in the truck and it turned into lots of little pieces... We were able to take the fish/corals to a tank over at the Marine Biology Institute where they have all sorts of tanks and they are baby sitting them for us (his wife works there) But out of the rubble, he gave me his BTA that was in there and he's doing great :) Brangelina took to it VERY Quick, within a matter of 5 minutes they were alllllll over that BTA. I'll add pictures when i can

Cute! But nems don't often do well in new tanks so you will need to be extra careful about caring for your tank

Yeah thats what I have been told, But i've been monitoring my levels and so far everything has been great. I do have a backup tank if I see that his health isn't doing to great and thats at my dad's work - his boss has a beautiful 100ga tank and he's had it for about 5-6 years.

Back