Water

Ok here it goes this may be a dumb question but going to ask it anyway. Would it be the same thing that is installed under the sink to the water supply?

Piggy are you talking about a water softener? If so that just removes some of the impurities to make the tap water taste better. They dont remove what you need them to remove for saltwater. It is strongly suggested no one drink RO, DI, or distilled water. BTW dont be affraid to ask questions, there is no such thing as a stupid question. My experance here is everyones willing to help, no matter how big or small a problem.

Last edited:
you sure you got that right hawks? i thought you werent suppose to drink softened water and that it doesn't remove any impurieties, and RO, DI water is the best thing you can drink cause it doesn't have the hard metals, chlorine, toxins, etc. that keep your blood from reoxygenating at the rate that it should. Thats just what i've read and heard.

Actually,THE very best drinking water will come from a spring where the water seeps through limestone,lol. Sorry just couldnt resist.
I have no idea about drinking the filtered water.
But there are some DI filters that hook up to sink faucets that work pretty good for filtering water for the tank.

RO is fine to drink. Alot of the water in jug thats on a cooler is RO and walmart sells it for drinking water.

Actually,THE very best drinking water will come from a spring where the water seeps through limestone,lol. Sorry just couldnt resist.
I have no idea about drinking the filtered water.
But there are some DI filters that hook up to sink faucets that work pretty good for filtering water for the tank.

I do believe this is what I'm talking about. The filter is under the sink and hooked to the water line. Can I use this water or keep buying water?

Piggy I think its better than nothing but I don't think its as good as a 3-4 stage RO/DI unit.IMHO,if it doesn't have 3-4 membranes better off buying water.

get RO water. Not worth the risk to your livestock to "get by" with an unknown product. IMHO, I have put thousands into my tank and am not about to risk it with tap water, even if it looks like it may be getting filtered. Better safe than dead, I always say...

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back