Tank cover

It looks like you have one possible fish that is a jumper...the firefish goby.Acrylic will get very scratched up after a few cleaning.Use light diffuser(eggcrate).You can get it at Lowe's or Home Depot.

It looks like you have one possible fish that is a jumper...the firefish goby.Acrylic will get very scratched up after a few cleaning.Use light diffuser(eggcrate).You can get it at Lowe's or Home Depot.
Will eggcrate reduce the light intensity getting into the tank?

Not as much as you think. The farther away your lights are the more it blocks the light I think. Glass tops end up blocking all kinds of light. I had glass tops on and could never keep them clean. When I removed them I could notice growth in my corals.

there are pros and cons each way. With an open top or eggcrate you will get more evaporation but better oxygenation. We have eggcrate on ours.

I Had An Open Tank, Right Before My Goby Decided He Wanted To Get Airbourne !! Now There I An Eggcrate On Top, Didnt Change My Lights That Much And Still Have Good Oxygenation, not to mention as soon as i did this, the goby didn't even attempt to jump...go figure !

I bougt some eggcrate today...I found a "silver" form of eggcrate which I'm hoping will help reflect and light better that just absorbing it....thought I might as well do it now since my tank obviously doesn't want to cooperate and finish its cycle.

I will have a firefish and goby and blenny which I've heard can be carpet surfers so I figured I might was well do it now (even tho I can't buy any fish :frustrat:)

Back