Super Skimmer

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I have a super skimmer inside my sump. That is the only way it will fit in my stand. I am having a hell of a time trying to get the bubbles stable in the upper chamber in the cup. It is real touchy, one hour it will be working find and the next hour I will check it and the bubbles will be completely down.

I am sure by having the skimmer inside the sump is what is causing the problem.

Does anyone have experience with this, or have any suggestions.

Is your water level stable and constant?
Thats about all I can think of salty.
I have the SS65 and have never had any issues at all with it except for some bubbles while it was breaking in.

I had the same problem with mine and after afew days it went away. There is another thread here that was saying that this skimmer needs to break in. Mine stabalized after about 72 hours. I kept the knobs set to keep the bubbles up the best I can. I ran the skimmer as a HOB for the first day then I put it in my sump for the rest of the time I used it. I had some design flaws in my sump so I took it out and redesigned it and have not had my skimmer in the tank for a few days, so I will prolly have to break it in again. Also make sure that the water levels are no more than 3" above the top of the pump or you will not bring in enough air. Keeping your water levels steady is important as Yote said.

Massey

Massey said:
I had the same problem with mine and after afew days it went away. There is another thread here that was saying that this skimmer needs to break in. Mine stabalized after about 72 hours. I kept the knobs set to keep the bubbles up the best I can. I ran the skimmer as a HOB for the first day then I put it in my sump for the rest of the time I used it. I had some design flaws in my sump so I took it out and redesigned it and have not had my skimmer in the tank for a few days, so I will prolly have to break it in again. Also make sure that the water levels are no more than 3" above the top of the pump or you will not bring in enough air. Keeping your water levels steady is important as Yote said.

Massey
Thanks, glad to here everything worked out for you, and hopefully mine will too.

I fixed it. I just had to get a longer vinyl tube that connect the pump to the skimmer. It was about 2 inches, I made a 4 incher and it now works a lot better. The problem was that the pump was only below the water line about 1.5 inches.

Back