SOAB my first flood

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
well so my mom called me this morn at work sating that mu sump was empty and so she disconnected it and that i had a leak HOLY crap i almost came back from work using the emergency excuse but she said she diconnected everything so i come back home and i look yeah my sump is empty and i look well what happend was

IMG_0133.JPG

see the thing were my hose is connected to well i didnt leave the cap on and well i geuss with the pressure of water it the light housing case just FLEW off litterally its not cracked but i have about 5 gallong of SW :frustrat::yikesu:on my carpet what sucks more is i only left just enough space to be able to have my HOB skimmer HELP how can i clean the back the bootom of the stand is also soaked it seeped onto the wood and i can feel lump in it WHAT should i do please please please dont tell me its its beyong repair:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ahhhhhhh sorry to hear about the flood. I can probably speak for others and say that we have all had our shares of floods in this hobby.

Unfortunately, i don't understand the reason for the flood but make sure you dry that stand asap. you dont want the wood to soak in water. Some stands (like mine) are really cheap and it will weaken with each flood & exposure to water for a long time. See some parts of the stand is real wood and other parts are wood shavings that are glued together. Not sure the name of it. The tank's weight however should be sitting on the real solid wood, usually the bottom is cheap wood and the legs are sold wood. The stand should be ok as long as the legs of it are dry. The solid wood will not get damaged if dried fast enough. I think you're ok.

Last edited:
Break out the shop vac.
Your picture is to dark to see where the flood came from.
But Cthegames got you covered.

If you have a fan let it blow on it. It'll dry in no time. Sorry to hear about your first flood. It won't be the last.

that light bulb is pretty warm im letting it dry it whit just the bulb

NOOOOOO dont tell me that let me believe its a one time thing lol

Yep we've all been flooded at one time or another. I always forget to turn off my RODI unit when I fill my auto top off reservoirs. It happens about every two weeks or so to me :(

Yep we've all been flooded at one time or another. I always forget to turn off my RODI unit when I fill my auto top off reservoirs. It happens about every two weeks or so to me :(

phew you made me feel alot better

the only down side for me is i live in a two story house so yeah itll prob seep to our downstair restroom ceiling lol

Ma and Pa will be happy about the cieling be prepared to paint. Sucks about the flood though heat from the bulb is great but fan will speed up the process of drying.

Back