Should I put my tank here?

I was thinking about putting it in a wall of my studio but I would like it upstairs if I can figure it out. I'll shoot my room tomorrow and see if you guys have any better ideas.

C

Maybe you could put some home window tint on the windows. I've got a customer with them in his house. He can see out and enjoy his view, but he doesn't have to worry about people snooping. Maybe that would help with the temp fluctuations?

My tank is in my kitchen and nearby a window. It's not even in front of the window, just close enough for some direct sunlight to hit the side of the tank. I have to keep that window's blinds completely shut. Sometimes I forget to close them and the area where the sun hits gets an insane amount of algae on the glass. I'm talking about enough algae that, in one day, I can barely see in through the side. My kitchen has several windows so closing up the one isn't a big deal. But, it looks like you may get a ton of light where you have yours. (and your going to add more windows). And then there's the heat. I wouldn't put it there. But it would look great if you can somehow make it work.

Last edited:
I really like the idea of the bow front towards the back. What if you did like project5k and attached fabric to the back of the tank? I think that would help with the sun a little bit and then if you ever wanted to reuse the tank with the bow infront then you would be able to easily remove the fabric. I would imagine velcro would do the trick! I like the tank by the windows as well! I am sure algae would be a consideration but at least you can enjoy the view while cleaning it!

I agree that putting the bowfront backwards the way you have it would be original. Arching the LR in the back could create a beautiful centerpiece area in the middle of the tank. Best of luck.

Back