RO/DI Water

chucktownkid

Reefing newb
Okay, so I'm new to this so you can laugh at my stupid questions :D

Im no idiot and would never use tapwater, but I always see these warnings saying "never use tapwater" but what about filtered water? Like that you drink out of? Would that work instead for buying a RO/DI unit or is it safer just to get one?

You should just go get an RO/DI filter. The drinking water filters dont remove as much as one would think or enough to make it worth it for your aquarium. Plus most of those filters are only good for about 20 gallons, so in the long run it ends up being much more expensive.

if you dont want to buy a ro/di unit. you can go to your LFS... most sell fresh and saltwater for a reasonable price although the ro/di unit will save you money in the long run... basically the only thing in this hobby that pays for itself. also, i think waltmart's filtered water that you can buy in the big plastic water jugs is RO water (so ive been told, thats always an alternative) but again, if its in your budget, get an RO/DI unit. will save you the hassle of toting jugs around every other day

Back