Resurrerecting: Amiracle

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
Howdy again folks! HELP!

I've picked-up an ancient Wet/Dry filter from my g/f's father yesterday. I'm not sure what model but he said it's about 8yrs old! It's an Amiracle. I have an idea of what I need to do from here on out. Just thought I'd post to see if anyone had any other suggestions. All I'll I've done so far is blasted the hell out of it with a hose. I knocked a lot of crap loose and cleaned it the best I could. Next, I'll be soaking/cleaning it all in a vinegar and water solution all day tom. while I'm at work. I'll then let it dry for the next 24hrs. In the meantime I'm going to be picking up a new pump, any suggestions? I'm running a 29g tank. So I was thinking one rated at 400-600gph? Also some new pieces of foam. Anything anyone has to say is appreciated, unless it's vulgar or distasteful. :mrgreen:

DSCN6002.jpg

DSCN6003.jpg

DSCN6004.jpg

DSCN6005.jpg

P.s I know it's old.... BUT IT'S FREE!!

Funny name, but it looks to be quite adequate from the pictures. Especially for free!
Sorry couldn't come up with anything vulgar or distasteful to say! :mrgreen:

I'm also going to re-silicone the plumbing. I need to get some new hose or PVC for the return as well. Also, I'm thinking of T'ing the return off at the top of the tank so I can have 2 return nozzles on either side of the tank. For being old this thing is pretty awesome. There's a removable cube, kinda looks like an in tank refuge - pics not included, that hangs over the side of the where the water pours over the bio balls. Perfect for filter floss and running carbon or phos ban :mrgreen:! I'm super excited!

Those are great old sumps and will get the job done.And you cant build a new DIY sump for the price you got that one for:D
Since your thinking about teeing the return,you might look at something along the lines of a mag 7 maybe even a mag 9.5.

Huh that thing looks pretty cool. Every time someone in my family gives me something for a fish tank its some stupid deco thing (picture treasure chest with a diver bubble contraption) Think I need a new family can i borrow yours so i could get something useful? :D

i had one exactly like that
i cut the baffles out
put in a taller bubble trap and used it in my 72 gallon
i was using a mag 5 return pump

Back