peotein skimming

lol do u guys not wat that means(no punt intended)jk(just kiding) k i will try to stop with the lingo im just not use to talking tpo oldder people no offence

Yeah the text lingo is a little different for this forum, the multitude of us are mid twenty-somethings and thirty-somethings there are a few older and younger. We do get the basics( jk,lol, lmao etc.) but english is a common language that we all speak. Not ragging on you just letting you know where we are all coming from.

Glad I came across this thread lol. Was debating on buying a Prizm...Whats recomended on a decent budget? I've been hearing the seaclone is as bad if not worse than the prizm. Don't mean to jump in on ur thread but it seems like we could both use the advice lol.:mrgreen:

Glad I came across this thread lol. Was debating on buying a Prizm...Whats recomended on a decent budget? I've been hearing the seaclone is as bad if not worse than the prizm. Don't mean to jump in on ur thread but it seems like we could both use the advice lol.:mrgreen:

Seaclones are not as bad as a lot of people(Biff) might think.There better than not having a skimmer at all,as long as its on a 30 or smaller.Matter of fact I run a seaclone on my 30 and have to empty the cup every couple of days.
A better skimmer that wont break the bank is the corallife super skimmers.I ran a CSS65 on my 75gal since last june,then upgraded to the CSS125.And as soon as I get to build a new sump,I'm going to both the 65 and 125 on the 75gal.

Acctually I love my prisim. Granted I modded mine. I found a way to mod it before which made it kick but, but it got clogged and needed redone every month or every other month, but I have since found a new mesh that works great and does not get clogged. My prisim out does my CSS 125 anyday.

I have hear (but not used) octopuss skimmers are cost efficent and great at producing dark skimmate. I'm not real crazy about my CSS125 whenI first got it I though it was great but after really putting it to it it just doesn't seem to cut it, but that could also be because I have a very low bioload.

I use an Octopus skimmer on my tank, and love it.

In my opinion, SeaClones are junk. Like Yote said, it's fine for small (like his 30 gallon) or lightly stocked tanks, but the problem is that the box of the skimmer that can really only handle 30 gallons says it's suitable for up to 125 gallons. Not true. For hardly any money more (like a $25 to $50 price difference) you can get a skimmer that's many many times better.

Back