peotein skimming

kyle

Reefing newb
should ur skimmer produce foam if there no fish?should there be little micro bubble when the water reenters the tank? wat should the bubbles in he reactio n chamger look like and how do i adjust it to make "better" foam?:grumble:

What kind of skimmer? How long has it been running? How long has the tank be running and what all is in it?

It will produce foam without any fish.

You will have some mb's if the skimmer is new.

Reaction chamber should be white with bubbles.

there should be either a valve or a pvc something to adjust the air flow into the skimmer, that will adjust your flow of water into the skimmer. it takes a while to adjust the level to get the skimmate. you want wet foam, not water, coming out of your skimmer. It turns into a murky, muddy, poopy, mess after it hits your collection cup.

-Doc

What kind of skimmer? How long has it been running? How long has the tank be running and what all is in it?

It will produce foam without any fish.

You will have some mb's if the skimmer is new.

Reaction chamber should be white with bubbles.

the skimmer is brand nrew probly been running for about 3 weeks there has been no bubble produced in the chamber and it is a highefficenty prizm skimmer

how am i disrespectful? us i say fuk im not not drecting it at en one it how i express my self im 17 it how i do

I appologize profusly I misread and didnt see the "would' Im sorry. Most people here dont drop the F bomb though. Again I appologize

No bickering. Ryan, behave.

Kyle, a Prizm will work fine for your tank as long as you don't plan on keeping a lot of fish or sensitive corals. It is just not good enough to keep up with a high bioload or animals that require high water quality. If your water parameters stay in check while you are running the Prizm, then you are fine. But if you start having uncontrollable algae problems or parameter spikes, you should upgrade skimmers.

I'm guessing you don't have a sump. In that case, you would need a hang on back skimmer. The best hang on back skimmer is the Aqua C Remora Pro.

Kyle its not a big deal again I appologize to all for my outburst.

Biff is right Im having a horrid day, on that note goodnite.

No bickering. Ryan, behave.

I'm guessing you don't have a sump. In that case, you would need a hang on back skimmer. The best hang on back skimmer is the Aqua C Remora Pro.

lol it kinda inbarasing but i dont even k now wat that is lol .... how much do aqua c cost aproxx
p.s thnks for the help i cant seem to get much out of these othere guys

Wow !!!! This Thread Might Need A Chill Pill !! Lol Kyle, Everyone Here Is Great And Usually Will Answer You Wit Hin A Couple Days Depending On Your Questions. I Found That Each Person On Here Has A "specialty" And They Will Answer Your Thread Accordingly. I Too Just Added A Hang On Back Skimmer Because I Have No Sump And My Skimmer Is Causing Crazy Microbubbles Right Now, Along With No Skimmate Which Will Come In Time. The Bubbles Are Slowly Going Away... This Hobby Takes Loads Of Patience. So Hang In There It Will All Turn Out Good. I Would Love To See Your Tank Can You Show Us Any Pics.. I Also Have A Hex Tank.
Good Luck To You Friend !!

Last edited:
how am i disrespectful? us i say fuk im not not drecting it at en one it how i express my self im 17 it how i do

It might help your case here if correct spelling were a premium value for you. Working with teenagers, I get the part about texting, trying to write how you speak, and getting info out fast, but, it tends to grate on those of us who are a bit older. Just for your info. Taking your time to spell out things correctly shows a higher level of maturity and will likely get you more answers with less flack. Up to you.

-Doc

No offense to anyone, i have a son who does the texting thing. It drives me nuts, but taking the time to type like an educated individual is greatly appreciated.

Granted that even some of us older folks cant spell for crap,that dont mean we can understand text message lingo.Were not supposed to understand it,were to old to understand it.

Back