Oh MY

Tanner

Tanerious Swimeroundus
Oh me, oh my I have not been on here for a long time.
So my original plan of an aquarium went to shit when my then job flopped out a bit. Everything is now back on track, and I finally make a living in a band and doing studio work for other random bands, which was what I wanted to do since I was like 1.

So I was thinking, since I am still very into reef aquariums but dont have the space nor funds (at the moment) for a larger aquarium, I'm thinking a nice nano reef aquarium would be nice in my studio, also known as my room haha.

So I was wondering, what is your guys input. Is a nano reef really that much harder to maintain then a larger one due to the small water volume, etc.?

Thanks guys!
-Tanner

Nanos just require more attention. My 10 g required weekly water changes, otherwise it would just start to look gunky. My 45 and 125 on the other hand, required maybe a water change a month, less swings in water chemistry and temp, and just all around gave me more stuff to look at LOL If you can go larger, go larger...cuz it's inevitable in this hobby that you'll want to go bigger anyway (yes boys, size counts in this matter!).

I went from a 10g and 45g, to a 45g and a 125 within a year ;)

Small tanks are cheaper, but harder to maintain. You don't need any expensive filters or protein skimmers if you do regular, large water changes on them. You just need a good set of lights (which can also be cheap). Over my 10 gallon, I am using a 75 watt MH pendant, which I bought used for $75.

Back