New skimmer advice?

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
So I realized today that I need a bigger skimmer, especially since I started sugar dosing. What do you guys think would be the best of these for my 110g tall:
Coralife octopus 125g
Jebo 180g
ProClear Aquatics 150g
generic "530 GPH" skimmer
I won't even bother with the seaclone 100 since I've heard very little positive about it.
I'll probably go with the HOB instead of in sump b/c I don't think there's enough flow through the sump to maximize the skimmer's output. Thanks:Cheers:

Coralife octopus 125g
No such thing ;) It's either Coalife SuperSkimmer OR an Octopus.
There is no comparison between an Coralife and a Octo. A CSS 125 is around $170 and a CSS 220 around $206 and you can get an Octo NW200 for $185 which will blow them away.
Don't waste your money on a cheap crappy skimmer. You will end up having to upgrade again.

That is a piece of junk. I had 1 of those on my 50 and it was useless. That is way too small for a 110, in fact I would rate it OK at best for maybe a 30.

for the "pro" that they say is good for 300 gallons?

BTW what do you use on your 125 cccapt?

Last edited:
OK...I only used one and gave you my opinion. I think you would have a hard time finding any place that sells a product and says it's bad. They won't make $$$ saying they sell a junky product.

I appreciate your opinion, I'm just wondering what you're using now and how you like it, not being sarcastic or anything.

I'm just wondering what you're using now and how you like it, not being sarcastic or anything.
No problem...I didn't sense any sarcasm in your question. :)

I currently use a modded Octo NW200 on my 125. I think it's an awesome skimmer for the price. There's some pics of the skimmer in my build thread and here's a few pics of what my skimmer pulls out.

Yeah... The Prizm is one step above the SeaClone. Not a very good skimmer. I would not trust the reviews on the site that is selling them. Look for independent reviews on other sites instead.

Back