new pump for the sump..

Based on the motor you linked to after your head loss( I used 3ft vertical,3 ft horizontal, and 2 elbows) I think you wind up with about 415 gph.. You can use a hang on overflow rated up to 600 gph like this on CPR CS Overflow Boxes or you can use a return pump that is run from in the sump and not external ......Hope this helped!

the main tank is drilled with a built in overflow .so after talking with an IWAKI rep I now realize that, that pump will not work it's made for flow only (no head pressure) so I think I'm going with this model instead.
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
Iwaki MD-30RLT Pump . if my calculation's are correct I should get around 7-8 GPM and that = 420 - 480 GPH.any thought's??

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much heat a panworld external pump may add to the water: I am upgrading my tank to a setup very similar to meshman10 (20 gallon sump with another 20 gallon refug with the 90 gal tank) so the panworld pumps look good but I house seahorses where I need to keep the temp at 74 or under so not having to run my chiller as often saves me tons of money. Trying to find a good external pump that will not add much heat.

Thanks

Back