My 29G fish!

DAvis

Reefer Madness
Bear with me as I'm still a newbie! As common as the (false) clown is, I marvel at the beauty and the antics of this fish. Our Banggai Cards have settled in nice and feed voraciously right along with the Clowns. The clowns are ORA and were about 3/4" when we got them, now 3 months later one is over 2" the other about 1 1/2". The Cards have been in the tank just one month, but are already sizing up, and are not so shy!
:sfish:

Attachments

• clown1.webp
    clown1.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 280
  • clown2.webp
    clown2.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 270
  • clwncard.webp
    clwncard.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 263
  • cards.webp
    cards.webp
    55 KB · Views: 265
Thanks all! I installed a much needed Korolia nano, to blast out the rocks of settling debris... I hope I didn't ruin things! The rock got moved around and doesn't look as good (imho) as it did before. :grumble: I hope the fish don't mind the new arrangement! :shock:

The fishies will adapt to the new rock. You can also use a turkey baster occasionally to clear out smaller areas that the PH might not reach.

Great pictures! They're like two little tagteams.
Hah! "In this corner, all the way from Banggai Island, the terrible Pterapogon's!..." :D

I had a huge scare! I couldn't find one of the Cards after my 'rearrangement'. OK, they're shy, so no worries. Then I see ALL my Nassarius (8) piling on something, and I'm thinking, "Oh no!" Three hours later, there he is! Had a really good hiding place in the LR. The Nassarius must have found a cash of food when I moved things or perhaps i did in a Trochus accidentally :shock: But i'm ecstatic that all is well!

Thanks for all the kind comments!
david
:Cheers:

Really nice looking clowns! Very vibrant colors! Mine doesn't look as vibrant.
wontonflip. I feed them the frozen Cyclop-Eeze, and also mysis shrimp with the GVH supplement. But I think it's the Cyclop-Eeze that really colored them nice. It's crimson red. I just started the vitamins (GVH) in the last month, after talking to the folks here about garlic supplements.

Currently I feed twice daily (small amounts) - once with the cyclops, once with the mysis.

Here's the cyclop-eeze info...
http://www.cyclop-eeze.com/product_info.php

Hey Reeffreak - Thanks! The Duncan is also small, like the size of three finger digits! The cards are maybe 1" from head to end of tail, and they've grown quite a bit. I think they are 4 months old now. The local guy brings them in at about 2 - 3 months old (Awwww, how cute!). They will gobble a mysis half the size of them!

Back